Chapter Sixteen

"Dark matter retrieval successful" Gideon announced.

"Let's go get our time back in place" Barry said proudly as he retrieved the vial; which was now glowing with the flaming hot content of dark matter.

Barry and Wally arrived at the hospital just in time to witness Barry and Dr Wells being brought in on gurneys. The hospital staff was frantic as they raced to save their lives.

"What has happened to this city?" Dr Ambres asked in disbelief.

"Grace's room is on the fourth floor" Wally said.

"Then this should work. Come on" Barry replied as he phased the transmitter into a concrete platform just a few feet away from the hospital's back entrance.

"We did it" Wally said in an amazed whisper.

"Come on. Let's go home and end this chapter of our story" Barry responded as he and Wally prepared to run back to their timeline.

Barry and Wally arrived at the cortex just as the bridge of Back in Time by Huey Lewis and the News came on over the stereo.

"I told you it would liven up the mission" Ralph said with a proud smirk on his face; which Iris had once described as handsome in a square jawed Oliver Queen kind of way.

"Everything worked?" Iris asked, looking between her brother and her best friend.

"Yup" Wally said with a glimmer of hope in his eyes.

"Is Dwyer still at the hospital?" Barry asked, his breathing was a bit heavy.

"Yeah. Hasn't left her side" Iris confirmed.

"Did you plant the transmitter?" Cisco asked.

"We sure did" Wally answered.

"Let's go get Cicada" Barry added, his chest puffed in a state of determination.

                                           ~

Dwyer was watching over Grace with the utmost love and hope in his eyes. Without the need for any words, one could tell that he was just begging for her to wake up. If only for a moment, Barry held onto the hope that he could still appeal to the father figure in him. Barry then thought about Caitlin and Wyatt in the maternity wing of the hospital.

"Cisco, what's going to happen to Caitlin and the baby? What if Dwyer knows they're there?" Barry asked frantically.

"Don't worry, man. Ambres has just put them on lock down, so no one's coming in or getting out" Cisco answered as he and the remainder of Team Flash kept a close eye out from the van.

Elsewhere, Caitlin stood by at the hospital; anticipating Iris' need for instruction.

Barry overlooked the city that surrounded him. The night sky held him, as if he were wrapped tightly the comfort of a blanket. The only source of light for miles were coming from the buildings that stayed on during this hour.

"You ready, Barry?" Caitlin's voice asked, coming through the comms on his suit; thanks to Cisco's gift.

"More than ready" Barry confirmed.

As Dwyer laid the last of his tin foil cranes onto the side table of Grace's room, he moved the curtain ever so slowly. His blood began to boil as he saw the Flash waiting directly below Grace's floor.

"Cicada" Barry nods at the hooded villain; thinking that up close he could pass for a cheap looking Kylo Ren.

"Is that what you call me?" Cicada growled. The signature chirping noise he was named for shortly followed as he spoke. The hot glow from his dagger became more pronounced as his soul filled with rage.