Date

It's the small moments that Kyle finds so adorable about Luke.

It's the way he handles his work with grace like he's on air. It's the small jump he does when he makes a mistake.
And of course, it's the accomplished smile on his face that makes Kyle wish that Luke would show him the same smile whenever they're together.

It's hard for Kyle to admit, but he's a little jealous.

By the time Luke has finished his shift, he signals the accomplishment to Kyle with a wink before making his way to the staff room. The quick wink wins Kyle a heartthrobbing mini-breakdown on his seat, earning himself confused looks from the other patrons.

A few minutes after and a knock on the glass startles the accountant, making him turn around and witness the most beautiful person he has ever seen.

Kyle never had the chance to see Luke in a casual outfit, and oh boy, does he feels so blessed when he does. He's so good that Kyle concludes that Luke has a great taste in fashion, and that the way those jeans fit around the barista's legs is undeniably sexy.

Another knock sends the man out of his ogling fantasies, and Luke frowns as Kyle fumbles his way out of the cafe to meet him face-to-face.

"Wow," Kyle mutters, almost breathless, "You're really handsome. Like, really really handsome."

Luke covers his face with his left hand, palm facing Kyle as he tries to hide his shy smile. "You're really shameless, you know that?"

Kyle smirks triumphantly. "I've been told, of course." Dante has told him many times, and it always a surprise because no one really expects an idiot's duality, especially from someone like Kyle.

The guys take a moment to calm themselves down before carrying on with the conversation.

"Anyways, where are we going for our first date?" Luke's eyes look around and at Kyle with skepticism. "I hope we're going somewhere nice, at least in my standards anyway."

And at that moment, Kyle freezes. He has forgotten the most important part of a date: the actual date. Beads of cold sweat condense from the nape down as he faces the reality of his situation. Only a nervous laugh leaves Kyle's lips before pursing them with guilt in his eyes.

Luke quickly gets the hint and he is the least bit surprised. Knowing the idiocies of his soon-to-be, it is to be expected that Kyle will not do a lot of things right — not even something as mediocre as planning a first date.

With that thought in mind, Luke decides to take over the wheel like always. "Since I'm pretty sure you didn't plan anything further than asking me out, how about you take me to where you usually eat at?"

"...But I eat at home."

"Oh."