Together

It's the small moments that Kyle likes waking up to. 

It's usually the way the sunlight cascades down from the cracks of his blinds and onto his bedroom wall as soon when the clock hits eight.
It's usually the pleasingly scalding-then-numbing stream of water on his skin as he showers.
It's usually the feel-good hormones he gets when he knows he picked the best clothes today.

But for now, it's the smile Luke greets him with as soon as they wake up.

It's more than enough to him.

Kyle finds himself staring at the radiant Luke. He smiles sleepily back at the male, much to the other's enjoyment. "Good morning, babe," he slurs, drowsy and half-lidded. 

Luke chuckles. "I didn't know we were using endearments." It's at moments like these that Luke finds the other so cute, that he might just kiss him. He holds onto the consideration, however, and instead voices his attention to the middleman. "You do know that we only get to use them when we're official, right?"

Kyle groans as he grabs Luke with his free arm. "Then let's do it. Let's make it official."

"Okay then," he says, wrapping the blankets over them, "who's doing it first?"

"We can say it at the same time," Kyle suggests, rubbing his eyes. This time he can see Luke's smile more clearly, and it makes his heart skip. "And you're really beautiful."

"I know I am," responds the other male, reaching his hand down to interlock with Kyle's. "You are, too. Extremely, in fact."  

"Thanks." 

Their hands immediately join together, and like newlyweds, they recite their vows.

"I love you."

"I love you."

END