Chapter Episode 3 The Arctic is a Very Cold Place

Chapter Episode 3

The Arctic is a Very Cold Place

"Aghaaaaaaah!!!"
    The horrid screams of Burters burning to death filled the air, but who could blame the beasts. It was so confusing as to what previous relationship the Burters had with these people. How could Connel expect nothing other than annihilation from the beam blasting monsters.
    Gauis blinked in horror, as the blasts and screams went on. Something had these monkeys spooked and the landscape showed it.
    Then, suddenly the huge primates turned their blasts skywards. The moon was full, deathly full, and aliens, some not much bigger than dad, but with funny looking heads, and some with horns, came into view. The . . y . . they . . . were . . . flying . . . in the sky . . . with nothing to assist them.
    No wings . . . and no mechanisms other than what appeared to be their armour, and . . . yet . . . those strange looking aliens were flying.
"Tsummn." ""Tsummm."
"Tsummn." ""Tsummm . . ."
    The creatures, though only about twelve in number, were shooting light beams at the larger monkeys, striking them right through the heart with deadly accuracy . . , whilst the smaller monkeys tried to escape.
    "Tsummn." ""Tsummm . . ."
    "Commander, the people of Arctic are here!" One of Connel's subordinates yelled.
"Tsummn." ""Tsummm . . ."
    "I know . . . I know!" It was obvious, that these were not the backup he had requested. These people from the planets of Arctic were even colder than their names implied. It was a good thing that their females could only produce three children in a lifetime, keeping their numbers extremely low.
"Tsummn." ""Tsummm . . ."
    Just then, the Burters joined in, this time firing away at the Arctic people. Even thought they were very fast, the numerous shots at those aliens were just enough of a distraction,
    "Eeeeeeeouuuu . . . bushshshsshshuuuuueeeee!!!!!"
    The golden monkey fired off his powered up wave of heat, much bigger, and its heat scorched things not even near its path, as the blast took out three of the Arctic people, leaving two more badly injured.
The Burters quickly finished the two injure threats, whilst the other seven now fighting in fear, as more of their enemies were now free to target them.
    "Tsummn." ""Tsummm . . ."
    "Aaaghaaaaaa!!" more screams continued to fill the air as the Arctic people moved at speeds almost unseeable.
    Now vexed on a path of vengeance for their dead comrades, the Golden monkey, appeared to be at the top of their list of targets.
"Tsummn." ""Tsummm . . ."
"Ptsuuuuuuughh!"
    More monkeys fell, as every shot fired was skillfully dodged, and one light beam from the flying aliens swept the ground, sending many of the Burter forces to their deaths.
"Butowww!" "Bum!!!!"
    A huge explosion filled the sky.
"Tsummn." ""Tsummm . . ."
"Butowww!" "Bum!!!!"
    Then another . . . and another.
    Almost too much . . . the Arctic people turned their attention to the new machined cannons coming across the land scape.
"Tsummn." ""Tsummm . . ."
"Butowww!" "Bum!!!!"
    One hit its Arctic target, destroying one more in a blast of green and blue mixed materials, bringing the count to six.
    Connel was now please, at the newly arrived alien tanks, now this, was his back up.
    Dad and I kept well hid, just peeping out to see what was going on. Blasts, beams and explosions were all around us. It seemed sheer luck that none hit us so far. 'But we were not 'rooting' for next any of them! Though I secretly wanted those powers.'
    '. . . . If I could get those powers, then we, mankind, may not suffer the fates we have had to suffer so far . . ., or at least we could have a fighting chance . . , for our lives, for our families, for our future.'