003

sunrise. this morning I woke up at 6 am just as pops were trying to slip out of the cabin. "morning dad" I called out but instead just heard the front door slam shut. I knew things wouldn't go back to normal, I mean how could they, but I didn't expect things to feel this awkward.

Pushing the thought of getting blanked out of my head, I decided to get up and make breakfast for me and el. looking in the fridge not much was In date though with the stuff that I could find I made scrambled eggs on toast. it wasn't great but when your this hungry any food is good.

knocking at el's door I heard a mumbled: "come in". still tucked up in bed El was wearing what looked to be one of Hopper's old flannels. "hey, um I made you some breakfast" I said softly, trying to appear as friendly as I could.

with that, the little girl stumbled out of bed flashing me a little smile. sitting down at the table she started stuffing her face as she'd never eaten before. "that good kid?" I chuckled, tucking in aswell.

"Alright little one, I'm going to head out and explore town". satisfied that el would be okay on her own I grabbed my jacket and escaped. it wasn't that I didn't like the girl it's just that I had been a big sister before and it ended with a broken heart. no ones to promise that it won't happen again.

walking down the worn-out tarmac I took a moment to appreciate the sunrise. as a kid I was told "always look at the sunrise with an open heart" but I didn't understand then. now I just try to look at them with an open mind.

carrying on with my mission of making it to town I start to walk away from where I came. that's when I heard the noise of an engine. pulling up beside me was that blue Camaro. "get in sweet cheeks" the mysterious teen called with his signature smirk".

"Only because you asked nicely". I didn't know why but it was almost as if my body gravitated towards him. all I could see was red flags and it excited me. how could someone so dangerous be so attractive. "so where are you taking me, stud?". the curiosity overcoming me.

all I heard was the mumble of something resembling 'surprise'. then we were sat in silence. but it was comfortable, just being able to hear the sound of my heartbeat. after around 5 minutes of listening to the radio, we finally arrived at benny's diner.

"Welcome to the least shitty place in this shitty town" billy laughed, opening my door. getting out the car and taking a drag of my cigarette I spoke " I'll decide that after trying the cheeseburgers". after all being able to find a good milkshake and burger is what makes a town.

billy got us a booth to ourselves and this was when I finally got a chance to see him in the natural light. he had charisma and it intrigued me. I almost saw it as a challenge, tame the towns notorious bad boy.

"You looked at me, last night. twice" he stated, almost trying to read my face. "I look at lots of people. that doesn't mean I want to get to know them, stud" I responded drawing out the stud. "what can I get y'all?" the waitress asked looking between me and billy.

"can I have a strawberry milkshake and a cheeseburger, please," I asked as politely as I could. "ill have the same doll" billy added with a wink. the waitress than quickly scuffled away, blushing. "now that you've embarrassed the poor girl tell me why I'm really here".

I had known billy for less than a day and he already seemed to shock me because I could never have predicted what he was about to say. "it's Halloween and there's a party, oh I need a hot date as well so that's when you come in handy".

so there's the ulterior motive from last night." what's in it for me?" I questioned, knowing that if he wanted to use me there must be something in return. "think of it like an exchange you give me tonight and in return, you'll have a favor". "a favor? you're going to regret that". I spoke with wide eyes smiling.

"ill meet you at the party at 9:30?" he questioned confidence radiating off of him. "how about you pick me up at 9, from that lamppost by the road and then we're talking" I said ending the conversation.with that I took one last look in Billy's direction, smirked and walked further into town.

wondering around without any particular store in mind I came across a shop called melvalds. stepping inside I was greeted by an older woman probably around 35 if I had to guess." hi, I haven't seen you around here before, can I help you?" she must've seen how lost I looked.

"oh I'm new here, staying with my dad, um I know its really last second but have you got any candy left?" I was almost begging, knowing I couldn't come home to el empty-handed. "you should consider yourself lucky, I've just got one packet of m&ms left". 'Joyce' said putting them through the till.

shuffling out of the shop I kindly thanked the woman and was on my way. finding my way home took about 10 minutes but would've probably been quicker if I didn't get lost. I had come to the conclusion that I liked this town. something about it felt like home.

A real home this time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a.u:

I have no idea where I am going with this story but im in love with the ride x