chapter 1 || arrival

It was the day that you would leave the castle to go to the school that your parents went to. You would finally get to fulfill your destiny as a princess. You entered the Flowerground and watched girls in front of you give their golden passes to a blue caterpillar in a tuxedo. Yes, it was quite strange. You looked down at your own pass, a large golden ticket, with your name written in regal calligraphy, stamped with the School Master's black-and-white swan seal. You were so excited that the time passed so quickly that you were already in front of the caterpillar, him looking at you expectantly. Your cheeks reddened as you handed the pass to the caterpillar. He punched a hole in the ticket and handed it right back to you.

"You will be taking the Dahlia line." The caterpillar said to you but you were barely paying attention as you finally took in the fact that you were underground. You walked up and took your place in the line. You looked for your friends Renna and Beatrix, who you knew before attending school but they were nowhere to be found. Not wanting to be alone, you tried to talk to the girl in front of you. She was a small girl who looked shy, with black hair and almond shaped brown eyes. Her hair was held back in two pigtails, by flower clips.

"Hi, I'm YN of Alstead!" You said cheerfully, wanting to make a new friend.

"I'm Kiko of Neverland." She said back, quietly, though she seemed to be happy that someone was talking to her.

You engaged in small talk, talking about your family and whatnot when you realized that the ride and had stopped and you were at your destination. You sprouted up from the ground, first your head, then your neck, chest, and finally legs, your glass heels daintily touching the floor. You stood up straight, brushed off your form fitting light blue dress, straightened out your hair, and fixed your tiara on your head. You turned around and looked for Kiko. When you found her behind you, you finally took in your surroundings. There were other girls doing the same thing as you, sprouting from the earth. You were elated to see more people like you until you noticed a girl in all black. Curious. She had black hair and ghostly white skin, big big eyes wide, surveying the scene. She wasn't ugly but she was definitely a lot different from you and your fellow princesses. She looked more like a witch, but you wouldn't question it. You saw three fairies in front of you. One of them handed you a cup of tea, the other two attending to your trunk. You looked over to Kiko who shrugged, taking a sip of the hot tea. You decided that it wouldn't hurt to taste it. It was delicious, and it reminded you of the honeybush tea at home. You smiled, content. You heard bells come from a blue and pink castle across the lake. It was absolutely gorgeous, everything you ever dreamed of. Suddenly, you were grabbed by the shoulders and you were twisted in the air, flying you across the lake and to the castle.

"This is amazing!" You exclaimed to Kiko beside you, who agreed. You had a smile on your face, one of the biggest in your life.

You were brought down in front of the castle, and the fairies released your shoulders. Saying a small than you, you rolled your shoulders and walked forward. You looked at the golden gate in front of you, the words, THE SCHOOL FOR GOOD, ENLIGHTENMENT AND ENCHANTMENT, arched over the gates. This was insane! The legendary school for good. You felt so honored to be here. You looked up at the frosted castle doors, adorned with two white swans. You ran into a large group of girls as the fairies herded all of the princesses inside. The corridor was small and suddenly the line stopped. You whirled around, seeing Beatrix and Reena and a few other princesses you didn't know in a circle around the girl you had seen across the lake. You would have to greet Beatrix and Reena later. You stood over to the side, still watching the circle of princesses. It was a little hard, as some of their dresses were fluffy, but you were on the taller side so you could see pretty well. Everyone was staring at the girl. The hall fell silent. The girl tried to look at all the girls, but she quickly looked back down at the floor. You felt a weight on your shoulder and you looked sideways, startled to see a fairy perched there. You smiled at the fairy, and she smiled back. You directed your attention back to the large circle. You were now closer on the outer side of the circle, as you had been pushed by other girls, also trying to get a good look at the girl. You saw Beatrix step forward. She was exactly like you remembered, with golden hair, silver tiara sitting atop, pink lips, and topaz eyes.