chapter 5 || worst forest group ever

That night, you asked Agatha about what happened. You were definitely confused as to what powers she had and how she got them and she seemed perturbed as well. Rheumy-eyed, you stayed up all night talking to her and tried to help her figure out what was happening, disregarding your "need" for beauty sleep (as Beatrix always said).

"So do you have some sort of power or something? Like can you set people free from their animal forms?" You asked her, curiously.

"I guess so. I don't really know. I just did it. It was a complete accident." She answered.

"I know. Tedros is such an arse. I can't believe he would do that! And then he called you a witch? I just had to hit him." You told her.

"I don't blame you. It was a really good hit," she said with a soft smile, "even for a princess."

"Hey!" You exclaimed, as you hit her with your plush pillow. That started a pillow fight and many laughs between you two, and you were sure the night couldn't have gone any better.

♔♕♔

Agatha had been called up to Professor Dovey's office while you were having lunch with her, so you decided to sit next to Kiko. You were next to the lakeside, finishing your splendid food, roast chicken dolloped with mustard, spinach and Gruyére crepes, and flutes of apple cider. Your attention was directed over to Tedros, who was reenacting the menagerie scene for the audience (mainly Beatrix). You watched as he explained how he killed the "terrifying" gargoyle. He was over exaggerating. You rolled your eyes.

"This is not at all what happened." You whispered to Kiko, who simply nodded her head. He recounted how Agatha acted and him pulling you close to him when he "saved" you. Kiko nudged you.

"She was there," He continued, pointing at you. You hid your face in your hands. This was too embarrassing. Wait till he gets to the part about me slapping him, you thought.

"YN?" Beatrix asked, astonished. "Well was she ok?"

"Of course. I saved her from the witch," He said, proudly. He gestured for you to stand up and demonstrate how it happened. Reluctantly, you did and stood across from him, crossing your arms, annoyed.

He pointed his sword at the empty space beside you. 

"She was standing right there," he said. 

"My sword was pointed at her, like so, and when I saw that YN was petrified, I grabbed her," He took a pause to grab you by the waist and shove you roughly into his side, a quiet "Oof" emitting for your lips. He didn't say anything even though you knew he heard it. You rolled your eyes. He was definitely getting on your nerves now. 

"And then YN slapped me after I called the witch a witch." He said, narrowing his eyes down at you.

 "She must have put a curse on her or something." He continued, talking to the audience. 

"She did not put a curse on me! God, you are unbelievable! I am completely in my right mind. I slapped you because you were being a prick." You exclaimed, whipping around to face him, slightly shoving him away from you. You charged back to your seat next to Kiko and glared at him.

"See? She made her go completely mental." Tedros said. 

You scoffed.