Chapter 35

A/N

So I tried posting the cast yesterday or something but it never published right so I got super pissed off so here's the cast as of right now:

Emily- Ryan Newman

Boys of one direction as themselves

Luke - luke hemmings

Emily's mom- Jennifer Anniston

Nick- chad Michael Murray

Jessa- Jessa duggar

Songs!!

Say Something - A Great Big World

I Knew You Were Trouble - Taylor Swift

Don't - Ed Sheeran

--------

EMILY'S POV

I had had the worst couple weeks of my life. My phone broke, my mom had been working a lot, Jessa was away on vacation, and of course Nick.

That evening that I had gone out to coffee had turned out to be one of the scariest nights ever. While Harry was talking to a friend of his I received a text letting me know what happened. I immediately rushed to the hospital, not even thinking of letting Harry know. It was a dumb idea, I know, but he hasn't even tried to contact me so I guess he doesn't care.

But anyways, it turns out that Nick was driving home from his friends house when he was hit head on by a drunk driver. He was found unconscience and in critical condition. He was taken immediately to the hospital as the nurses rushed to help him as much as they could.

At the moment, he is in a coma. He has been in this coma for about a week.

I'm scared.

I don't know how to feel.

I mean I still have a bond with him that no one will break. I don't love him as a boyfriend but I love him as a friend, almost as the brother I never had. So it pains me to see that one of my best friends could possibly die.

I've been in rough shape emotionally and physically. I haven't been sleeping much at all and all I can think about is how I might be losing Nick. The boy who used to mean the world to me but broke my heart. I can't get over that and I can not focus on anything but him at the moment.

I get home from my latest visit to the hospital and I head towards the kitchen to get something to drink. Opening the fridge, I grab a bottle of water and take a sip, refreshing my dry throat. I admit I have been quite the emotional wreck and my eyes haven't been that dry lately.

I turn around and see my mom working on the latest crossword puzzle in the local newspaper. Her glasses hang off her nose and her hair is pulled into a messy bun. She has been just as stressed out as I am. Working double shifts at the hospital and now she has been watching the Nick's little siblings while his parents are at the hospital.

She is definitely a huge role model to me. Working late nights, staying strong while being a single mom, and always looking out for others. No one ever does anything for her but she never complains. Now I feel a bit guilty for never saying a simple "thanks mom...for everything" and get her anything to appreciate what she's done for me and how she raised me the way I am. I need to do something to give back.

I walk over to the table she is sitting at and smile at her as she looks up from the puzzle. She gives me a sweet smile back an then continues her puzzle.

I look over her shoulder to look at some of the clues. Realizing an answer I say, "Darth Vader"

"Huh?" My says, looking at me quizzically.

"The answer to down 35 is Darth Vader...you know ...Luke Skywalker's father?" I say, acting like it was the most obvious thing ever.

My mom chuckles softly, shaking we head, and writes down my answer.
We continue finishing the puzzle together and in about 10 minutes we have completely finished it.

I give my mom a high five and finish the last sip of my water bottle. I'm just about to stand up when she stops me.

"Oh Emily, a boy named Harry came by asking for you. He seems cute but a little too alternative." She says.

I slap my head in realization that I haven't even talked to him in a couple weeks since I kind of ditched him at the café.

My excuse is that Nick has been taking up my mind and I'd say that's pretty valid. I rush towards the home phone and quickly dial Harry's number. I listen to two rings and then I hear Harry's smooth voice say "Hello it's Harry."

Taking a deep breath I say, "Hey it's Em." I'm very nervous and I bet he can tell through my voice.

"Hey!" He says enthusiastically. And I stifle a laugh at his excitement. "How's it going? How are you?" He rambles.

"I'm okay, how are you?" I respond, a huge smile present on my face.

"Better now that I can talk to you. It's been a couple weeks and I've really missed." I blush at how cute he is. Always flirting.

"I know...about that. I'm sorry I left during our little outing at the café. Just that something really important happened." I begin to explain.

The cheekiness drops from his voice and he turns serious as he says "what happened, Emily? Are you okay?"

"It's Nick. He was in a terrible car accident and is currently in a coma. I received a text that evening and I just had to go. You seemed very into the talk you were having with your friend and I didn't want to interrupt." I say.

The line is quiet except for the light sound of Harry breathing on the other end.

"Harry?" I ask after he doesn't answer.

"I thought you were over him?" He says quietly, annoyed.

What?? I am taken back by his comment. Is he seriously upset that I went to go see if one of the closest people to me in the hospital after he was in a car accident?

"Are you serious?" I say, my tone harsh and my voice is louder than I expected.

"It just seems kind of weird to me that he broke your heart but you still run to him while you're with me and don't even say anything. I felt so hurt when I turn around and see that the girl I live just left me. I thought that you hated me and left because you didn't want to be with me. I had the worst feeling and couldn't get over it. I called you so many times and left at least 50 voice mails just spilling my heart out to you and how I need you but you didn't get any of them. Now I find out that you left because your ex boyfriend was in a car accident. Yes I understand that he was I an accident and I feel very bad that he is in a coma but the least you could have done was say something before you left. I would have understood!"

I can not believe it. He is actually mad about this! I can't handle this right now! Maybe Harry isn't the one for me because if he gets mad over stuff like this, I don't know how I would be able to survive.

I take a deep breath, trying to control my anger and say, "You know what, Harry? You didn't have to be worried before that I hated you but now, I would be worried."

And then I hang up. I'm done with Harry. For a long time.

----------------

A/N

Hello there!!! I hope you guys liked that chapter! Are you on Emily's side or Harry's??? Let me know!!!

P.S. have you heard any of the new Taylor Swift songs besides Shake it off and Out of the Woods?? Are they good?? Comment your fav!!

Hope you guys have a good week!!

IM ALMOST AT 3 K!!!YYASSS!!

-Helana