"I'm Fine"

Peter's Pov~

a soft beeping filled my ears, aggravating me before the day even begins. I woke up slightly annoyed, I shifted forcing myself off the bed shutting off the rather annoying noise. exhaustion clouded my hazy brain as my eyes adjusted to the brighter room sun shining through the open curtains. swinging my stiff legs over the side of my bed, placing my bare feet on the cold wooden floors. I stretched as I gathered my clothes from my dresser, wandering over to my bathroom, Mr, stark insisted I have my own bathroom connected to my room. seriously letting me stay is enough, but what do you expect from a billionaire.

I sighed staring into the mirror my thoughts starting to run through my brain. "Worthless, you think Stark likes having you here? he just pities you, just leave so you can stop being a burden."   I traced the small pale scars that littered my arms examining the newer ones, pulling on my hoodie. I was broke out of my thoughts by Mr. Stark "kid, hurry up or you'll miss the bus!" He shouts in a cheery voice, guess he's having a good morning. I decided to skip breakfast as I made my way down the elevator.

"y' know I or happy could give you a ride right?" Mr. Stark said as I readied my things to head out the door. "No, it's fine I like riding the bus" I lied, I hated it but It was better than becoming more of a burden than I already was. I didn't realize how close Mr. Stark had gotten and how closely he was looking at me. "you ok kid?" He asked concerned, examining the dark circles under my eyes. "I'm fine, homework kept me up late." I lied shifting myself uncomfortable under his sharp gaze, How much more lying will I have to do,  all I do is lie, wear a mask, smile, play things off saying I'm fine or I'm okay, or I'm just tired which never really means you are. "bye! Mr. Stark!" I yell as I half-smile at him as I run out the door. "call me Tony the Mr. stark thing makes me feel old." He shouts back, I knew I wouldn't call him Tony can't get attached, besides this was only temporary, or at least that's what I told myself. 

The bus ride was quiet once I got on, at least inside my head, mostly everyone was chatting away to the person next to them. I stared out the window softly watching the trees and cars pass by in the morning sunlight, ned was sat somewhere else on the bus and nobody bothered to sit next to me. the ride was pretty uneventful besides the few pieces of paper thrown at the back of my head.