Im not leaving you: Steve Harrington x Little Sister Reader

You were in your room, Laying on your bed. You were waiting for Steve to get back home. Your Mom has left hours ago after another fight with your dad.

They had officially gotten a divorce and were now fighting over custody. She packed up her things weeks ago and left today. You didn't want to have to process the situation, But sadly, you had to endure watching your parents split.

It was slowly breaking you. You stared at the ceiling, Trying to stop yourself from crying, But it wasn't easy.

You didn't want to seem weak, Or immature. You wanted to handle this like a champ, Like it didn't phase you. You wanted to act like everything was ok, You've done it for the past years of your life, So, Why was it so hard now?

You finally caved in and broke out in sobs. Tears slipped out of your eyes and down your face. You watched the lights in the hallway flicker off, Signaling that your dad was going to bed. You waited for the sound of his creaky door to slowly shut.

You calmed yourself down, Wrapping a blanket around yourself, and walking, stealthily, towards your bedroom door.

You twisted the doorknob, and pulled your door open carefully. You slipped through the small opening and walked down the dark hallway to the stairs that lead downstairs.

You walked, Blindly, towards the kitchen to get water, Hearing a quiet knock at the door. Assuming, By the quiet knock, that the person at the door could see you, Due to the glass paneling, you walked up to the door, Seeing Steve. You sighed, opening the door.

"Hi.." You smiled sadly, Engulfing Steve in a hug. He wrapped his arms around you, looking around. "All the boxes are gone.." He said, Quietly, His voice cracking slightly.

"Mom left hours ago. The divorce is final and official.." You pulled out of the hug and walked back o the kitchen.

"And that starts the war of custody..." You let out a laugh, Drinking your water. Steve just gave you a concerned look. "(N/n) hey..you don't have to put on a smile. It's me. I can see that you're trying not to cry—See you're avoiding eye contact with me—" you lost it. You let out a heart wrenching sob, Walking over to Steve and collapsing in his arms.

"H-hey..." Steve rubbed circles on you back, Soothingly as you sobbed into his shirt.

"What are we going to do..?" You ask, Your voice cracking.

"I have no clue, Sissy...but I know I'm not leaving you..."

"You s-sure.?"

"That's the only thing I am sure about.."