Chapter Six

Finlay

Rose's small delicate body beside me kept me from sleep. Her slender frame was against mine, pushing her curves and breasts into me. After I brought her to my side I slowly brushed my thumbs and her hip until she fell into a sweet slumber. Without pulling her further, she unconsciously rolled closer to me until we were as we were now, wrapped around each other, our limbs entwined and pressed against each other.

Rose mumbled in her sleep and I swore I heard her cry out quietly. I turned to face to look at her. She looked like a sleeping angel. He luscious locks were fanned out around her head like a golden halo. Her pale body was snuggled against mine. Her arms were tucked against her chest and her legs twisted with mine.

I lifted my hand gently and stroked her, causing her to moan slightly and shift beside me. I continued to stroke the side of her face as she smiled and relaxed.

I thought back to the journey here. When the rain had started I noticed how her chemise, one of my long shirts, had stuck to her body, almost becoming see-through and presenting her naked body below to all my men.

I had covered her with my tartan cloak yet I still longed to see the outline of her breasts once more.

Looking at her body, most of which I could see as my elbow propped the cloak above out bodies. Her chemise was dryer now, yet slightly damp still, so it still clung to her body.

I ran my hand down her body, slowly. My hand stroked the side of her breast slightly. He body slightly convulsed and shuddered under my touch. Her eyes fluttered and her breath hitched before coming out in faster pants.

I smiled at her reaction to my touch. An observer would have thought we had done more than a slight feathery brush to her body. Not that anyone would gain the chance or permission to observe this beauty's body other than myself...hopefully.

I was confused by the lust I held for her. Was it more? Was it less? Was it love...

The connection I felt when I touched her, when I looked at her, was undeniable. My heart sped up at the sight of her with my horse, a horse that only used to love its master, yet he, like me, had fallen for her at first sight.

She was unlike any other, a scared little bird in need of help. And I felt no hesitation giving her all the help she needed.

I offered to take her to the next village for safety, and she had accepted, but I also offered to protect for as long as I can, as far as I can. I promised to leave her in safety at the last village before the Field of the Damned, yet she didn't know what her answer was. I told her in needed an answer when we arrived at the village.

I was screaming inside, begging her to say yes, yet another part, the sensible pert wished she was deny my offer and seek safety at the village. I could offer her protection, yet I would be putting her in danger at the same time.

I needed her.

I wanted her.

But could I have her?

But more questions, questions off the subject of love and lust, pondered on my mind. The blonde beauty was persistent in my tent back at the burnt village, on saying she was from a year hundreds of years in the future. And not even from Scotland, which I could believe, her accent was not Scottish but still held something smooth and sexy.

Was she delusional, insane, crazy?

Or was she telling the truth...

Was she from the future?

It would explain her clothing options when we first found her, and how panicked and insistent on saying she was from another place and time. But could I believer her?