Never Letting Go

(Hi this a quick note i know the previous chapters have been sorta short so im work on making them longer. Alright Well enjoy)

James POV

I looked up at the sign of the shop, "A Little Kitten". I saw a man walk out with a female Neko in his arms. 'This is fifth shop today. Every time its the same result. But I have to find Neko.' I thought. I sighed and pushed open the door. "Hello?" i called out not seeing the shop owner. I looked around the front of the store still not finding anyone. I walked towards the back of store and heard soft crying. I stepped into the back of the store and followed the sound. I went over to the corner to see Neko. He was pale and bruises scattered on his thin body. Tears were streaming down his face due to the fact that a man was on top of him. The mans filthy hands roaming his body. "I'll take him. " I said looking at the shopkeeper. Neko stared at me in awe. The shopkeeper sighed and nodded. "right when I was having fun too " he mumbled. I glared at him and kneeled in front Neko. "Neko?" I said softly. He looked up at me. "You found me. " He whispered. I smiled lightly. "I told you i would. " I said. He wrapped his as around my neck and I gasped. He was cold, to cold. I wrapped my arms around his waist. "Let's get out of here. " i whispered in his ear. He nodded. I took my shirt off and slide it onto him. His eyes filled with relief. "You still cold?" i asked softly. He shook his head no. I lifted him up bridal style and carried him up front. I handed the shopkeeper a couple hundred bucks and walked to my car. He yawned a little and I smiled. "You tired?" i asked. He nodded but didn't close his eyes instead he looked around more. I look at him a little confused. "Why don't you get some sleep?" i asked. He franticly shook his head no. I frowned. He had bags under his eyes. He was fighting to keep his eyes open. "Why don't you want to sleep?" I asked softly. "The dreams. " He whispered clutching my shirt. "Hey it's okay. I'm right here nothing's going to happen. " I said softly kissing his forehead. He nodded and hesitated before he closed his eyes. He snuggled into my chest and sighed happily. I got out my phone and dailed my best friend's, Rain, number. "Hello?" Rain said. "I found him. " I said. "I'm on my way. " She said hanging up. In 5 minutes her blue honda pulled in the parking lot. She got out and ran over to me. I smiled at her. She grinned and looked at Neko sleeping in my arms. "Do you think you can drive us home?" I asked her. She nodded. "Yea but when he wakes up your calling me and I'm coming over. " She said walking to her car. I nodded and got in the passenger seat. I careful shifted Neko in my arms to were his head was on my shoulder. His small hands were still clutching my shirt. I smiled and kissed his forehead.