Always Here

James POV

I slowly opened my eyes and looked at Neko. "Neko?" I said softly still tired. "Sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up. " He whispered laying back down. I wrapped my arms around him. "It's okay. What woke you up anyways?" i asked softly. "It was just dream. " He said acting it was nothing but I could tell it wasn't pleasant. I held him closer and he nuzzled my neck like a kitten would. I smiled and kissed his forehead. After a few minutes he shifted in my arms. "You okay? " I said softly. He nodded. "Do you want to watch a movie why you try and fall asleep?" i asked sitting up. He nodded a little and I got up and put on Marley and me. I sat him on my lap and watched as his pink/fushia eyes trained on the screen watching the movie. He laid his head on my chest and continued watching the movie. He watched in horror as Marley laid dying in the vets office. He looked at me with tears in his eyes. "W-why didn't they keep trying to save her?" He asked softly. I hugged him reasurringly. "They didn't want her to be in pain anymore. " I said softly. He nodded and sat thinking for a bit. He yawned and cuddled against my chest more. I looked at the clock and saw it was only 5:23. "Can we watch another movie?" he asked shyly. I smiled and nodded. I put in the Avengers and sat back down. He cuddled into my side and yawned again. After a few a minutes a soft whimper came out of his mouth a and I looked down to see him still asleep. He still had a fever. I called Rain since she was going to school to be a doctor. "What in the hell could you possibly want at 5:30 in the morning?" she asked grumbly. "Neko's not doing to well..." I said and I heard her getting up. "I'll be there soon. " She said hanging up. Neko groaned in his sleep clutching my shirt. His was fine a second ago. He shivered and pulled himself closer to me for warmth. I heard my door open and saw Rain walking in. She looked at him and gave me a look. "What?" I said pulling him closer. "Is it that hard to tell that its probably the flu. Because I can see from here many flu like symptoms. " She said placing a hand her hip. "Your also going to nursing school. " I said rolling my eyes. "Here just give him this. " She said pulling a bottle of cold and flu medicine from her bag. I looked at her in shock. "What all do you keep in that thing?" I said pointing to her bag. "Not much. " She said smirking. "Oh nothing at all. " I said sarcastically rolling my eyes. "Well I'm going to go sleep on your coach. " She said walking out of my room. I laughed and looked at Neko. His breathing was still a little off. I sighed and tightened my grip on him and closed my eyes. "I love you Neko. " I said softly falling asleep.