HetaOni {Special Chapter 1} flowers

When I was younger , He always bring me lots of flowers... But I don't know what kind of flowers they are... He always told me that those flowers have a special meaning and only when the time comes , I would know the meaning and acknowledge it.

I was clueless at the time. I wanted to ask others about the flowers but never had the guts to do it...

"Italia... These flowers are pretty , aren't they?" He would always ask me.

And I , would always reply with the same answer ,"Yes. They are very beautiful , especially their colour. So blue , like the sky~"

He would always smile back at me and continue talking about the things we were saying before.

But a month before the war , he didn't bring any flowers. Instead , he brought me to somewhere. When I reached the place , it was filled with the flower he gave me.

"Italia... I want you to take care of this garden for me. Please promise me that." He held my hands.

"Eh? But why? if I messed up , I can't afford to grow them back!" I exclaimed.

"These flowers... I took care of them for nearly half of the year... I don't know why they had yet to bloom..." He said.

"Don't worry... Once they have bloomed , you can either choose to continue to take care of them or let them die..." He stared sadly at the garden.

"Don't worry! I will take care of them!" I hugged him.

Even though I can't see him crying , I can feel that his heart was upset.

"It's a promise." I hugged him tighter.

Everyday , I would go off to the garden during my free time and start watering the flowers , hoping that he would be able to see the flowers once they've bloomed.

"Italia... Where have you been going these few times?" Roderich asked me.

"Ehh... Uh... I went to do something important!" I said.

"Important?"

"Ve~ But its a secret~" I placed my finger on my lips.

"Ah... Fine. Whatever." He would tell me.

"Ah! May I read the book about gardening?" I asked Roderich.

"Sure. Just don't spoil the book." He said.

Immediately , I ran towards the library and take the book.

I took care of the flowers like what the book instructed and the book stated that around 70-90 days of gardening , the flowers will soon bloom.

And some of them looked like they're going to bloom soon... I wanted to call him to visit the garden sometime later...

But...

Just one week before the war , there was a heavy down pour for three continous days. Most of the flowers started to wither and only a few survived but they didn't seemed to can hold on any longer.

"... The garden... W-why...? They were going to bloom anytime soon... Why...?" I cried.

Just then , Roderich came by and saw me.

"So... This was what you were up to these days..." He stared at the garden.

"They were so close to blooming..." I held one of the withered flower.

"Just... Let it go... There's nothing you can do anyway..." He patted my head.

"But..." I couldn't stop my tears from falling.

The last two days before the war... I tried reviving the flowers...

I tried changing the fertilizer but it was futile...

The flowers didn't revive or grew back.

And , my heart ached.

Just a month ago , the flowers were still growing... But because of me , they are all withered now...

The day of the war came... I was sweeping the floor that has little droplets of tears dripping on it , when he came to say goodbye to me.

"Italia... I came to say Goodbye..." He confronted me.

"Eh...?" I was in shock.

"From today onwards , I would be in a war... So I cannot stay here anymore... I... Really hoped to see the flowers bloom but I guess I don't have the luck..." He smiled.

Ah... That's right... I didn't told him that the flowers withered... But I don't want him to be hurt...

"Italia... I have something to say to you... I... I haved loved you since the 900s and uhh..." He blushed.

"... Must you go...?" I held his hands tightly.

"I... Must... But I'll be back... I... Promise. No matter what I'll come back... So..." He stared into my eyes.

"Italia... What do the people in your hometown do when they are sending off the people they loved?" He asked me.

"T-they k-kissed..." I held in my tears but they seemed to not obey me and started dropping onto the floor.

"Yes..." He wiped away my tears and kissed me on my lips.

"Don't cry... Okay?" He said.

"... I... Won't... I Promise..." I promised even though my tears are still falling.

"That's good... Now... I have to go... Goodbye... Italia..." He hugged me and walked away.

"Wait! Please wait!" I chased after him.

"T-take this! If you missed me or anything , just look at it!" I passed him my deckbrush.

To others , the deckbrush is nothing , but if you were to look closely , there was a carving that I carved on it : Forget Me Not.

"Italia... So you've figured out the flower's name... Forget-Me-Not..." He said.

"Eh? Really? So that's what those flowers are..." I said.

"...Really... This time is Goodbye..." He brisked walked away as he made his way towards his army.

"Why a deckbrush? Seriously?" The other soldiers questioned but to him , it meant alot...

**"Well at least she didn't gave him her panties..."

He left and more tears trickled down my face.

Will I not be able to see him anymore?

I always wondered.

"Italia? what's wrong ?" Elizabeta asked me.

"What do you do when you miss someone alot?" I asked her.

"Well... You can always do the things that makes you think about them." she explained.

"Why? Do you have someone you missed?" She patted my head.

"Well... It's him... He went to the war and I'm scared I won't be able to see him for a very long time..." I said.

"Ahh... Don't worry! Just don't worry about anything!" She said.

After my little chat with Elizabeta , I went to the garden and was shocked at what I saw...

The garden's flowers were all bloomed...

"B-but how...?" I cried as tears started to fall of my eyes.

"They were all withered... That's impossible!"

But the smell of flowers... They're so nice...

I couldn't help but to lay in the garden and cuddle the flowers...

They were soft...

I laid on the flowers and not long later , I fell asleep... Thinking of what he told me