sweater weather (FLUFF)

a/n: sorry, this one is a bit short! i hope you enjoy.

summary

beelzebub and gabriel get home and cuddle while watching gabriel's favorite movie (again) after a walk in a wintertime village.

the crisp, cold air stung beelzebub's eyes and turned their nose bright pink as they walked down the sidewalk. their cold fingers were woven in between gabriel's, who walked next to them, producing a small amount of body heat that beelzebub kept themselves pressed against for warmth.

"here we are," gabriel said, his voice muffled by his scarf. the house that stood before the pair looked warm and inviting, yellow light spilling from the windows, snow powdering the bushes in front. it was picturesque. beelzebub stared up at the house, then to gabriel.

"it's beautiful," they mumbled. gabriel smiled and wrapped his arms around the prince of hell.

"thank you. i was hoping you'd like it."

the door opened with a click, and the couple entered, stomping their snowy shoes on the doormat. beelzebub peeled off their coat and ventured past the entryway, into a warm little living room.

gabriel appeared behind them, his hands clasped politely, smiling as he watched beelzebub take in the little cottage. they looked so cute in their little black sweater.

beelzebub sat down on the couch and smiled at gabriel.

"so, you like it?" gabriel asked, heading for the kitchen to prepare hot chocolate.

"i love it," beelzebub replied. "it's the best earthly structure i've ever seen."

as gabriel heated up the milk, the prince of hell wandered into the kitchen and wrapped their arms around the archangel's waist. gabriel looked down at the black sleeves of beelzebub's oversized sweater and smiled to himself.

after pouring the warm chocolate milk into two mugs, gabriel plopped down on the couch and handed one of the mugs to beelzebub, who took a cautious sip. their usually relatively emotionless face lit up.

gabriel produced a remote from in between the couch cushions and turned on the tv, wrapping a thick blanket around him and beelzebub. the prince of hell leaned their head on gabriel's shoulder as the movie that gabriel had selected began.

it was the sound of music, for the fifth time. beelzebub detested the movie, but they loved gabriel, and it made them happy to see him happy. so they put up with it.

gabriel placed a kiss on beelzebub's forehead.