soulmates

where you only see the color of your soulmate's hair until you fall in love does the world come into full color.

soulmates, it was a word that haunted the infamous yuuei students, uraraka ochako and bakugou katsuki. they wanted nothing to do with the word. 

uraraka awoke in the bed of bakugou, in the dorms. greeted by the white heat of the sun, the world bloomed with nonchalant colors, dull. it was all so dull, as uraraka would describe. the emptiness on the bed was dull, the white heat and the glaring green curtains were dull. 

she wanted nothing more but to see him in color and only him. not the sicken green of the grand trees or dark green of the leaves of the roses he gave her. she wanted to she his, mostly likely, tanner skin than her, his pale hair, and dark eyes. she wanted to see him. his red face when she said I love you or the exploding colors of his quirk. 

he wanted nothing more than to see her.  the beauty that lied in the boring world, her dusted cheeks and light hair. not the awful red lipstick she wore, or the red shirt she wears to bed. he wanted to see her fair skin, her joyless eyes as she floated when he hugged her. 

why was the world so unfair, they thought. they just wanted to the dull fireworks where they shared their first kiss.

why

why was the world so unfair to soulmates.