Chapter One - In Gym

INTRODUCTION

Every chapter will be somebody else's P.O.V. This one happens to be the main character's- Ciera.

CIERA'S POV 

What started as a bad day turned into an even more terrible day in just a few seconds. This is the story of how I fell ever-so-hardly into a passionate love/hate relationship with my crush on the most appealing sophomore on the football team.

Gym started easily enough. Jason and Luke were gone, their father took them on some hunting vacation, and so it was mainly quiet. There was still Caleb, which was great. Leaning against the wall in my bright pink athletic shorts and fitted white tee, I realized I was staring and looked down when he starting drifting toward me. Well, not exactly me, but his spot next to me. My friend Marcy appeared at my side.

"He is just so..." "Magnificent." I finished for her. I really did find him magnificent. He had blue eyes that sometimes changed from 'sky' to 'community pool floor'. It may not sound pretty, but trust me when I tell you it definitely is. His blond hair, cropped short, rested against his forehead and the top of his neck. His skin was a light peach color, and there wasn't a single freckle, blemish, or anything. At least, none that Marcy or I could see.

"What is it with you and big words?" Marcy asked, laughing as she moved back to her spot in line. I was smiling to myself as Caleb slid into his spot next to me and sent the most sparkling, dazzling smile I've ever seen my way. His braces only made it more perfect.

"Hey Cherry." He said, his voice flowing through the air. It was light for a guy, but just deep enough to set my heart aflutter. Most of the people in this school call me Cherry, and I don't mind, but my name is Ciera. My hair is a deep dyed red that sparkles under the sunlight. Right then, it was in a ponytail that swung down to the bottom of my shoulder blades. I don't remember exactly how the nickname got started, but I think it had something to do with Caleb.

"Hi." I managed to squeak out before my face flushed red. His smile didn't vacillate before he simply said, "What's up?" To think that a single sentence could make a girl faint used to be insane to me. Used to.

"Gym." I looked at my feet and leaned there quietly, my shoes turned in on the end. I had experience flirting with guys, but for some reason unbeknownst to me I couldn't flirt with Caleb.

"Cool. Me too." He said, and looked away toward his friend David. I sighed in relief and looked at Marcy. She shot me her best 'I'm so jealous of you' look. I chuckled quietly to myself. I was never this quiet. Only around Caleb...

"Today, boys and girls, we are going to bike Ciera's route!" My gym teacher boomed above all of the whispering voices of the fifteen-sixteen year olds that didn't really care who's route it was, as long as there were no inclines. I was smart enough to avoid them.

"Ciera, would you like to come up to the projector and explain your route?" I stood up, using Marcy's shoulder for balance. I'd just gotten over some weird migraine type thing, and sometimes I still got a little dizzy.

"So, we come up this way and turn left..." I rambled on for about five minutes before all questions had been answered. After I'd explained my route, we went to the bike rack and grabbed either our own bikes or bikes that the school provided. I biked to the front and started the route. After a few turns I was pretty comfortable and knew where I was going. I could hear my classmates behind me and signaled a left turn. I looked both ways, checked to make sure everybody was with the group, and moved to bike left. Suddenly I heard one of my classmates scream my name, but then everything went black.