~Emails~

~

Dear Evan,

Great post today! Does this mean your back on your blog now? Also, I'm really glad to see that you've had a positive week. Remember, you don't need to dwell on the negative parts, you've done really well and you should be proud of yourself. 

~

Dear Connor, 

I don't know if I'll post as regularly as I did earlier in the year, but I guess I am back. I'm trying my best and I haven't felt as low as I have felt ^-^ It's still feels weird knowing you're reading what I write haha, but I suppose it also feels good knowing someone's definitely hearing me!

Also, you didn't end your email with 'sincerely, Connor' for the first time in ages? Is this the same Connor? 

Sincerely, Evan.

~

Dear Evan, 

That's great! If you ever want to talk about anything deep in your life, I'll always lend an ear. Or an eye I suppose, since this is written.

And regarding how I left off- it just feels so formal leaving with sincerely now. We've been emailing for almost 2 months solid. That's like 5 years in internet-friendship time. I might even type my next email out as if it's a text- without any greeting and with all the abbreviations I can think of. 

~

Dear Connor,

An email like a text message? That goes against everything I've been taught in English. We've just finished revising that section of creative writing. My teacher will be most disappointed in us. 

Also it's crazy that it's been two months. It's also crazy that I know so much about you, but also so little. Like, I know about your deepest fears and your secret love of musicals, but I don't even know any basic information like your age or where you're from. Online friendships are weird. 

Sincerely, Evan.

~

Ev,

Srry 4 the late reply. Ur right tho, this isn't the correct way 2 email. I'll stop now. Also, wow, we've just finished that section too. Maybe we're in the same year so we're on the same specification. I'm in year 11, which means I'm 16 which also gives you a hit of that sweet basic information.

My secret love of musicals is supposed to be SECRET, Evan! What if someone was to hack our accounts? How could I possibly keep a reputation that means people keep away from me if word gets out that I listen to 'Hello Dolly' and 'Waitress' on the regular?! Shall we start talking about the fact you have a favourite tree?

~

Dear Connor,

I'm in Year 11 too. What are the chances of that? I guess that means that you're also being swarmed with exam prep. If you want to stop emailing so you can focus on your exams that's fine. But it's also equally fine for you to share your revision notes with me for maths, chemistry and physics. 

And EXCUSE ME Connor, but I'm sure plenty of people have a favourite tree. Or a favourite plant for that matter! I bet even you do. I bet it's some sort of houseplant. Is it a sort of houseplant? 

~

Dear Evan,

Dude, I'd email you in my actual exam if it came to it. I've had a lot of practice emailing discreetly. Pretty much all of the emails I sent in the week before we broke up for winter were created in class. The revision notes thing goes for you too, especially for Literature and Biology. I can't promise I'll have many notes to send to you in return though. I want to do well in my exams, but I'm not really one to revise. 

And okay, okay. You're right this time, Evan. I do like a good cactus. Basic, I know, but they're just cool. I have two that sit on my desk. I've attached a picture as evidence. 

~

Dear Connor, 

Oh my god please don't go on your phone in exams. The thought of accidentally leaving my phone in my pocket when I go into mocks makes me nervous, I can't even imagine actually going on it. 

It's fair enough not wanting to revise, it is boring after all. Maybe one day though, if you wanted, we could call each other and revise together? And help each other? Only if you want to though. We could do it around 4 o'clock when school starts back up? I find revising in a classroom is much more effective than doing it at home. 

Also, fantastic cacti :D

~

Dear Evan,

I think that's a great idea. I'll send you my phone number. Give me a little warning the day before so I can take pens and shit but otherwise just call whenever :) We go back to school next week, but I'm not going to be able to be very active until then as my family are going away to celebrate the new year and I don't know what the WIFI situation is going to be. I'll let you know when I'm actually leaving, though.