Chapter 10: Spare phone

Hello lovelies!

the picture above is the actual Divisoria here in the Philippines. A place where you can buy goods for a much cheaper price.

----

The place is loud and dirty as ever. What would you expect from Divisoria, right?

It is now my supplier day, the day I specifically intended on picking up the ordered items for my online store and to buy stocks as well.

I am wearing a black rubber shoes that I paired with black leggings and loose white v-neck shirt. This is my go-to-look whenever I visit Divisoria because this is the most comfortable that I can get. And you need to be comfortable if you will be exploring the vast and over populated place. Don't you dare wear anything expensive or you will be a target for pick pockets and hold uppers.

I adjusted my cap to shield my face from too much sun. I've been walking since 8 am and it is already noon time and I'm still half way done. I decided to stop and eat lunch for a while.

I was standing in line of the famous Mang Inasal (chicken barbeque house) when my phone started ringing. I picked my phone from my small bag and my brows curled upon seeing an unknown number.

"Hello?" I looked ahead for the menu though I know the menu well. I was contemplating on getting Halo-halo.*

"Hello, Amara?" A man answered. He sound familiar but I can't place who he is.

"Yes?" I replied.

"Si Leo to" (this is Leo) "sorry I was calling your other number but I can't reach you." He stated.

"Oh Leo, Hi! Oo sorry, (yes, sorry) I left my other phone at home. Where did you get my number?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Sorry I hope you are not offended. I got it from Christopher since I can't reach you." He sounded guilty.

"No, that's okay. I was just curious. Why? Something's up?" I tried recalling if we have agreed to meet today or if there is something that we planned to do when we parted from the party.

"No, nothing. I just remembered you told me you're going to Divi today? I was actually pretty close and I thought maybe I can help you?" I smiled through the phone. This guy is really something. I mean I hinted that he has a thing for me but I never felt anything bad about it. Not to brag, but I get attention from guys a lot. I have suitors even when I was a high school student. Most of the guys are creeping me out because they have tendencies to be obsessive. My ex once told me he is not obsessed but rather somewhat "territorial". Yes , like a mad dog. That he is just protecting what is his. And that is even creepier. Like, hey I'm not anyone's property, you fool!

Most of the time I am avoiding men as fast as I could. If I hint that they have a thing for me and Is making me uncomfortable, I'll take the closest flight out. But with Leo, even if I can feel that he have an interest in me, I still feel comfortable.

"Yeah, I'm here, half way done actually. You really want to help me?" I move a few inches onward as the last customer got his order and left. I am close to the cashier now just a few more customers and I will finally be able to order food. I'm starving.

"Yes, that's if it is okay with you" he said.

"Sure no worries" I smiled. "But I am actually going to take my lunch now. I'll order for you as well. Meet me here in Mang Inasal?" I searched for my wallet to get some cash.

"No, no. Don't worry about me." Leo declined.

"Ooops, I don't take no for an answer. You help me and I'll feed you in return." I heard him chuckled and I am also smiling from where I am standing.