Connection

So dearies! Another most awaited part is here! I know, it is exactly 2 months that I published the last part. But these days, we are all disheartened and all feee time is invested in tweeting rather than writing. Anyways, here is some relief for fans! Enjoy!

Part 31

Naina had been at it for a while now. Since she couldn't see a thing, time was not a measurable commodity but definitely of essence. There was no saying when the owner of the vile voice would be back to give her the creeps. She was trying her best to focus, but while her brain was able to think and gauge her surroundings in the dark, and she could feel her toes and fingertips wiggling, she still hadn't gotten her body up to complete run. The initial success had made her feel ecstatic initially that strong determination would help her win the battles against imposed ennui but she was losing hopes with the passage of time.

Finally after several efforts in vain, when she was still lying on the cold stone floor, she closed her eyes and sent a prayer that rather than having a life at the mercy of someone's atrocious wills, she would prefer a quick eminent death. Still taking laborious breaths, she closed her eyes to transport herself to her happy place, her beloved Chachi and her lifeline Preeti. She only wished that they would have a happy life, even if she wasn't a part of it. But then the thought still crossed her. Would they know that she was missing? Would they know that she was abducted? Would they ever get to know how she died? Would they ever be able to find out who did this to her? But most of all, they would never know that she had thought of them in her last moments?

Heaving a resigned sigh, she closed her eyes and let random thoughts flood her brain. But all she could think of was Sameer. How would he be, where would he be? She wished she could have seen him at least once before departing earth. She focused hard to try and remember if she had unknowingly picked up any loose figments of his image when navigating around in his brain.

After recovering from his initial astoundedness, Sameer walked around in the foliage and clearing and explored the stone structures. Most of them were shaped like a roof giving an impression of a shelter from afar. But as he moved from structure to structure, checking put every edifice, although he found several crevices and nooks, none were large enough to allow even a crawling entry to a lean but tall guy like him.

Suddenly, a dull burn explored in his chest and a light ache in his temples. Involuntarily his hand went on to rub the spot of ache on the chest but it didn't go away. He also rubbed his temples but continued his search walking slowly moving away from that specific cave nook. As he moved hardly a couple feet away, the aches ceased. That's when he suspected that the ache was not in the chest but on it and it usually happened when he was connected to Anamika. But he wasn't connected right now, so why the throbbing? He turned around to look at the specific cave, which didn't display anything out of the ordinary, but somehow it lured him. He stared at it and felt captivated and couldn't stop his involuntary walk towards the same. As he neared it, the ache in the temples begin and the burning on the chest returned. He looked down and saw a ray emanating from himself. He opened the top two buttons of his shirt and pulled the seam
aside to examine the unusual condition. As soon as he reached the exact spot where he was standing previously, the light intensified burning his chest, which he realized was from his birthmark tattoo. He gritted his teeth and cried out in agony as a sharp pain exploded in his head and then, he could see her image clear as a day barring her exact look.

The name escaped his lips "Anamika!" She heard it in her brain. She wasn't necessarily focusing on connecting with him but somehow it had happened. Was her desire to see him so strong? Nevertheless, she was elated and excited.

"Sameer" was all she could respond in her brain as no words yet came out of her mouth.

Long-forgotten were all the aches and throbs and his entire focus was now only on her. He realized that she was holding on to him with threadbare figment of her brain and so he used his full power to concentrate and stay connected with her. It felt like ages since they had last touched each other's brain, and now he wasn't willing to let it go, no matter the cost to him. He let the pain explode but held on and ince again let her know of his presence.