Chapter 10: Visiting Clint and the Clintletts

The week passed by pretty slowly. Every class dragged, every minute passed by painfully slow and I counted down the minutes until I left for Clint's farm. It wasn't all bad, Peter came by the apartment every night to work on our project. Dad or mum called most nights and Wanda even got in touch, told me she and Vision were in Paris and she was happy. She still kept in touch with Clint and she had told me to say hey when I visit.

The last class of the week dragged. Peter was trying to calm me down but when the bell rang I was the first up. I rushed out of the class room and in the the girls bathroom where I changed into some clothes I had packed. I changed into a purple skater dress, a pair of over the knee socks and a pair of Black military boots. I threw my other clothes in the bag, put on my leather jacket and rushed out side where I found Peter and Ned walking passed. 

"Hey Gracie." Ned called when he spotted me. 

"Ted."

"You're dressed up nice, what you up too this weekend?" Peter asked as he held open the door for me. 

"I'm going to visit my uncle tonight, then I'm off to see my dad. The usual deal there, back Sunday night." I smiled at they walked me to my car that was waiting. 

"Sounds fun." 

"it should be, I haven't seen my uncle for a while so..." I smiled as I opened the door. "I'll see you Monday morning, we can ride to school together?" I asked Peter as I climbed in.

"Sure. Or, we can have dinner Sunday night, May keeps bugging me to ask you and your aunt to join us."

"Nat can't Sunday, she works late but I could do with the company." I smiled. 

"See you Sunday, May's making meatloaf."

"So Pizza?"

"Pretty much." Peter laughed. We all said our goodbyes before I shut the car door and we set off.

After a long ass drive the car finally pulled into the farm. Things seemed quiet as the car pulled to a stop but when I climbed out of the car I was almost tackled by my uncle.

"Peanut!" 

"Robin Hood!" I laughed as he squeezed tighter. 

"How you doing kid, how's school?" he asked as he grabbed my bag and walked me inside. 

"Great, I love all my classes and I made a few great friends." I smiled up at him. "MJ Ned and Peter."

"Ned and Peter, those sound like guys," Clint spoke looking down at me we squinted eyes.

"Ned and Pete and harmless trust me." I chuckle as we entered the house. 

"EVIE!" I heard little voices call then footsteps fast approaching.

"Incoming!" Clint called as he moved out of the way and I was tackled by Lila and Cooper.

"Clintletts!" I called as I hugged them both. 

"What?" Clint asked laughing.

"I said Clintletts" I repeated. 

"I wanna asked but I know I'll get a stupid answer."

"They are small Clint's, there for they are Clint-letts"

"Called it." 

"Well hey stranger." I heard a voice call from behind me. I climbed out from under the kids and saw Laura stood by the door with Nathaniel. 

"Laura. Hey." I grinned as I walked over and hugged her tight. "long time no see." 

"Too long, Evie Grace, far too long." she replied.