Day 1: Mario

Summary:

It's Mario and Rosalina first Christmas together.

.........

Mario's Pov

I woke up on Christmas Eve morning, looking at my half-brother, Tanooki, still sleeping peacefully. I got up and changed quickly and left the house to get the last of the Christmas presents. It was snowing when I left the house.

It was a chilly morning and Peach and Luigi's Christmas Ball was tomorrow, so I'm buying last minute presents. I'm also going to invite Rosalina to the Ball when I visit her later.

I entered Toad Town, looking for a good shop that's still open. Luckily, the mall was still open. I entered the mall, smelling the freshly made eggnog. I grabbed a cup and entered a store which had a lot of technology, perfect for Tanooki. I saw something that I had to buy for him. I went to the other stores and bought him more stuff, including presents for my friends.

A couple of hours later...

I arrived home with all the presents wrapped and put them under the Christmas tree. Tanooki was making lunch when I entered the kitchen.

"Hey bro, are you heading for the Comet Observatory?" I nodded and went outside to the tree in the backyard. Rosalina put a Launch Star in the tree so me and Tanooki can visit her. I climbed the tree and found the Launch Star buried in the snow. BANG! I launched towards the Come Observatory in space.

...........

Comet Observatory

I launched upwards and flipped into the platform of the observatory. It was decorated with many lights for Christmas. I went towards the kitchen and found some of the Lumas cooking.

"Hey Mario. Rosalina is not here at the moment." I told them that I wanted her to come to the Christmas Ball tomorrow.

"We'll tell her when she comes back." Heaven/Polari said with happiness on her face. I waved goodbye and launched myself back down to my house. Heaven's personal Luma, Lumacomète flew up next to me with some good news.

"Mario, I talked to Rosalina right after you left. She said that she would be honored to come." I was so happy...CRASH! I forgot to watch out where I landed and now I'm buried in the snow. I got up and told Lumacomète that I want her to come over here at 5 o clock tomorrow night. I waved goodbye to Lumacomète and went inside to get something warm to drink.

I saw a note from Tanooki on the table.

"Dear bro, I went out to the castle to get ready for the Ball. Be back soon."

I went over to the couch and sat down to watch some TV.

...........

Christmas Morning

"Mario, get up! It's Christmas Day at last!" Tanooki was shaking me like a 6 year old. I woke up and just smiled at him. We went downstairs to open presents. I watched as Tanooki opened his present.

"Holy smokes! It's the brand new laptop with a brown color! Thanks, Mario!" I got a 300 coin gift card to my favorite video game store. The day went on and I was getting a bit nervous. The Christmas Ball was in two hours and Rosalina is going to arrive in a few minutes.

I decided to wear my black tux with the red bowtie (my brother is wearing the same thing, but with a brown tie). I was fixing my hair and I heard the doorbell ring. I rushed to the door and my jaw fell to the floor. There stood Rosalina, wearing a white dress, star earrings, and a snowy white jacket.