Day 6: Steven Universe

Summary: Just a fluffy, somewhat romantic Christmas one-shot that I thought you would enjoy. With a His_Honey__ and Her_Bee_ moment near the end.

..............

Christmas was coming. The weather grew colder, the snow started falling, and the barn started getting busier as the Crystal Gems, the Crystal Temps, and Greg had begun to decorate it for the upcoming holiday season. Even Steven's uncle Andy had come back for the celebrations. As this was both Tom and Grace's first Christmas on Earth, both of them were curious as to how the whole thing worked.

"Oh Grace, Tom," Steven chuckled, "Christmas is a day for spending time with the ones you hold dear in your heart. There's a reason it's called 'the most wonderful time of the year'."

"Oh . . . really?" Tom blushed, looking at Grace. He didn't want to say it, but he had some feelings for her ever since they started spending more time together.

"You don't say," Grace said curiously. She curiously eyed the big tree that stood in the center of the barn. "Is that a weapon?"

Connie chuckled. "No, Grace. That's a Christmas tree. It's basically a large tree decorated by all sorts of ornaments."

"Noted," She replied, focusing her eyes on the Christmas goose. "What about that? Is that a weapon?"

Now it was Steven's turn to chuckle. "No, Grace. Nothing here is a weapon. In fact, you're not supposed to do any fighting on Christmas."

"Well," She asked, "what do you do Christmas?"

Connie chuckled. "On Christmas, people usually exchange gifts with one another as a sign of goodwill and tranquility. Not to mention we usually have a big meal afterwards."

"Soooo.... Which of these presents are ours?" Tom asked, looking at the big pile of presents underneath the tree.

All of a sudden, Steven's eyes widened in realization. It had hit him; he had forgotten to buy presents for Tom and Grace! Frantically, he searched his pockets for some money, but only found a few dollars and coins. This was bad; this was Grace and Tom's first Christmas and he didn't want to ruin it for either of them!

"Steven?" Tom asked. "You okay?"

"Uh . . . yes," Steven lied, grinning nervously. Sweat trickled down his forehead; what was he going to do?

"Uh, um, excuse me, but I have to go . . . somewhere!" he started suddenly, then began running frantically toward the warp pad.

"On Christmas Eve?" Connie asked curiously. "But all the stores are closed!"

Steven didn't hear her. With whatever energy he had, he jumped on to the warp pad and teleported away.

Beach City was decorated for the holiday season. Strings of lights decorated the entire boardwalk. Steven walked through the city frantically, trying to find something to give to Grace and Tom.

He passed people who were buying decorations and presents, and gulped as he imagined the looks of dread and disappointment on the Gems' faces.

"Hey Steven!" a voice called out to him. Steven looked up to see that Sadie was waving enthusiastically from the entrance of the Big Donut. "How's everything?"

"Hey Sadie!" Steven waved back at her as he walked up to her. "Everything's just great! What about you?"

"Well, I'm still trying to find out what to get Lars," Sadie admitted, "but I'm sure to find something sooner or later."