Day 3: Sonic the Hedgehog

Summary: When SpadesWatermelonV2 delivers xXMangoxXx 's Christmas present from him, she tells him that she has already recieved the greatest gift, ever - much to his horror. What does she have that is better than his present for her?

...........

Holding Rei l's Christmas present in his right arm, using his left hand, Spades knocked on the front door of the summer house, where the girl he loved lived.

The little fox shivered at he stood outside the door in the falling snow. He was shivering from both the low temperature and from nervousness. Her present was inside the large box he was carrying, which was wrapped up in green wrapping paper that had been tied together with red ribbon. He had spent the entire day in search for a present for her.

When he eventually found what he thought would be a good gift for her – which happened to be gardening kit – he had purchased it with all of the money he had taken out with him before returning home to wrap it up. He was now about to give Rei her present, although she would not open it until the following day.

He saw the door handle turn. As soon as the door opened up, he smiled to see her standing in the doorway, a Santa hat on her head. She beamed happily upon seeing him. "Hi, Spades. Come on in."

"Thanks, Rei." Tails smiled back at the Seedrian as he stepped into her summer house, standing in the living room. As she closed the door behind him, he held out the present he was holding towards her. "I came to give you your Christmas present."

She looked at the present, surprised and slightly taken aback. Her blue eyes widened as her cheeks turned red. "Oh, Honey. You didn't have to do that."

"Of course I had to, Rei," He replied, shocked at how modest she was being.

"But why?"

"Because tomorrow, it's Christmas." He held the present out further towards her. He looked at her with pleading eyes, urging her to take the present off him. "And you have to give your friends presents on Christmas."

Smiling gratefully, she took the present from him, looking down at it with amazement.

"Thank you, Honey."

"No problem, Honey Bee." He looked down at his feet, feeling a little bashful. "I hope you'll like it."

"I'm sure I will."

Rei walked over to her Christmas tree, which was standing in one corner of the living room. Brightly-coloured baubles and tinsel were hanging from the branches while a large, yellow star was sitting on the very top of the tree. Wrapped-up presents of all different shapes and sizes were resting at the bottom. She placed the present from him amongst the pile of gifts, noticing it was the largest present of the lot.

He looked towards the bottom of the tree, noticing the other presents. "Did the rest of the guys give you those presents?"

"Yes. I told them that they didn't have to, but that didn't stop me from buying presents for them," She giggled, raising a finger. "Which reminds me; I have to get one more present from the kitchen. Sit down, Spades, and help yourself to some cookies."