end-

a month after the last entry of my notebook, it was quiet between us. he gave me the space i asked for and in a quick flash, we both finished highschool. we even took a picture together and i pasted it on the last page i dedicated for him.

and a week after the graduation, i was finally packing up to move to my parents' house and was ready to apply for college somewhere near the area. it was a good thing that i'm now having an opportunity to start anew. to grow up into a mature woman and to bury everything that's dragged me down at this point.

it was the last time. that confession was the last time i'm going to have contact with dongpyo before he could decide to abandon me and our friendship, but he never came. and i finally decided to give up. that was finally the end of it.

i hope one day, i'll get over everything that happened and i-

"s-son.."

i dropped the boxes from my arms and i wanted to run up to him and snatch what was in his hand, but i noticed he was already in the last page and he was trailing his hand on the picture i pasted in. he was wearing a long pink coat, almost the same color as the notebook and a grey sweatshirt underneath and on my study table there was a bouquet of flowers.

wait..

son dongpyo is holding my notebook!

"put it down! put it down right now!" i screamed, my face already heating up in embarrassment but when he faced me, he had a wide smile on his face.

and when i looked at his eyes, there were smiling but swollen, as if he had been crying.

holding up a hand to stop me, he wordlessly reached for his bag that was on the study table as well and he pulled out the same notebook, only it was teal in color.

"i followed you when you walked to the store. i bought the same and i came here to give it to you." he reached the notebook to my direction and there was a lollipop stuck on top. "i thought this might answer the questions you had, the same as yours answered mine."

he smiled, sniffing and quickly wiping his tears. my lips parted in shock and i felt the back of my eyes heating up.

"i'm not usually the type to get overwhelmed, don't get me wrong." i chuckled but i felt tears in my eyes too. his eyes were apologetic and i dreaded that look the most.

why did he have to be sorry?

i didn't resented him just because he didn't like me.

he covered his face and he said the first few words i hated most.

"i'm sorry.." and before i could reassure him that it was fine and he had nothing to feel bad about, he said something else. something that pinched a part of my heart and leave tears in my cheeks.

"i'm sorry i couldn't pull you out. i didn't know you were stuck in that same pit as me."

he tried to catch his breath from crying before he came up to me with my notebook and his with his arm. he held out the notebook to me.

"your story ended up sadly. but it's only your story. perhaps if we put our stories together, it might work out fine. maybe this time.."

he smiled, and it was the same smile from the first time we met.

"maybe ours can end with a happy ending."

end.