3¦lollipop

entry 03

dongpyo. there's something enchanting about him. somehow, i'm finally realizing why he's becoming a magnet to everyone. when i caught his eyes the other day, i started to have this urge to find him and let him sit across me so i could stare at his eyes all day. but no, i didn't want to be interested in boys. he may look like a girl but he's still a boy.

"lee y/n? you want to get to know her? but i thought you two are neighbours?" seungwoo chuckled uneasily before sparing a quick glance at my direction. "and besides, isn't she..too plain?"

"plain?" i flinched slightly when i hear a raise of tone in his voice. "what do you mean by plain? hyung, is it really normal these days to treat girls as if they're food being plain or seasoned?"

"calm down. what i meant was, isn't she like..boring for you? she doesn't really talk to her friends too-"

"i don't care. and what makes you say she's boring when you haven't even gotten to know her?" dongpyo stood up from leaning in the wall and i can feel him staring at my back. "regardless of what you keep saying about her, lee y/n..she-"

"she's cute to me."

and then he leaves the room with his hyungs cheering for him while i was nervously putting my earplugs, not wanting to hear the murmurs of the other students that heard their conversation.

now, i didn't know whether he did that just so i could own the spotlight this time. although it was a bother to be the center of attention, his words echoed in my head. i can't help but get distracted by the heat i felt in my face. whether he meant it or not, i guess it's safe to say he made my heart move.

the next morning, i was surprised to see him outside the house, with his uniform hugging his boy comfortably and his hair still styled neatly straight. he looked more like a teenager now unlike the first time we met.

"good morning." he raised his hand, smiling. "i know it's kind of sudden but i had this really great idea."

i took the chance, i stared at his eyes. they were lovely, lively,full of positivity and ones that could give you the energy to move forward the rest of the day. i had to constantly remind myself that i hate him but the hatred melts away whenever i see his smile.

"what idea?" i try to casually ask, wearing my bag properly in my shoulders before staring down at my sneakers.

"since we're neighbours and the school's a walking distance. i had this brilliant idea of going to school together with you everyday." i can feel his excitement when he said it.

"how's that a brilliant idea? wouldn't it be a bother to wait for each other before going to school-"

"no, no. it's going to be fun and plus, it gives us a chance to talk and get to know each other." he paused and he locked eyes with me again and there was a small, gentle smile in his face. "and i meant what said when i told them i wanted to get to know you."

and just like that, we started to walk together and he started to create a conversation and it surprised me lot that i managed to keep up with him and not ruin the whole mood he put up. he made me feel not awkward. he made me feel like he was a true friend i could always be open to.

should i really put my guard down and not hate him?