Inseparable

During lunch break, Shikamaru led her to his and Choji favorite spot on the hill, under the large shady tree. As soon as she found herself under the shadow of the huge tree she felt much cooler as the tree defended her from the sun's scorching rays. The tree kind of reminded her of Shikamaru, it's shadow was comforting because of how tall and strong it was, protecting her from the sun's glaring eyes or the villagers glaring hate.

"Shikamaru tree." She blurted out, causing Choji and Shikamaru to look at her weirdly. She slapped her mouth while Kurama roared in laughter, finding a tree with Shikamaru's face sprouted beside him. It was her landscape of imagination and her idea of a Shikamaru tree came sprouting out of the ground, literally causing Kurama to wheeze at the weird looks she was receiving.

Ah...Naru really wanted to bury herself under the tree now.

'The Shikamaru tree?' Kurama joked as his snout was swatted by Naru.

"What's going on with you and Naruto?" Choji asked in curiosity as he found the two to be inseparable.

"Long story short, Naru is part of us now." He said as he closed his eyes.

"Naru?" He asked in wonder, his eyes widening. They were already on nicknames?

"What?" Choji said his eyes full of surprise.

It was as if Shikamaru could see through his thoughts, his lips twitched as he droned, "Naru Uzumaki is her name."

"What?" Choji asked bewildered and confused not knowing what was going on.

"I'm a girl Choji kun." She smiled as she was pulled down by Shikamaru. She laid on the grass under the shady tree as she relaxed, feeling to cool breeze from the wind.

"What?!" He shouted as his eyes widened again.

"Is 'What' all you have in your vocabulary Choji?" Shikamaru smirked as he opened one eye to look at Choji's dumbfounded appearance.

"Wh-No?" He stopped himself from saying 'what' again. "Why do you guys keep holding hands?" He stared at their pair of intertwined hands with curiosity.

This time, Naru took the opportunity to speak first, Choji was going to know sooner or later so there wasn't a difference if she said it now. "I can't see Choji kun."

"E-Eh?" He said stupefied.

"Ah I'm sorry for asking something so insensitive." He bowed even though she couldn't see, "You can call me Choji, can I call you Naru?"

Naru felt a presence seating beside her, she turned towards him and smiled as she sat up, extending her hand for a handshake, "Okay! My name is Naru Uzumaki It's nice to know you dattebayo!"

"My name is Choji Akimichi!" He said as he wiped his hand on his shirt before shaking her hand.

Choji didn't pushed for answers on how she was blind, she would tell him when she was ready. But for now, they could relax and watch the clouds as they spend their time together in peace.

A small smile made its way on Shikamaru's lips as he enjoyed the silence, he was also glad that Choji and Naru got along well. As expected of the friends he made.

Other than Choji's frequent crunches of chips, the surrounding was rather quiet and peaceful as Shikamaru stared up at the fluffy clouds in the sky, Naru dozing off beside him.

---------

After a month, it was known to their class now, where ever Shikamaru was, Naruto would be there too, or it was probably the other way around. They no longer bothered with the two, their insults have stopped also seeing how it became boring that the two doesn't react to their teasing.