don't touch her

Having watched from where he stood as Ivy sprinted across fast traffic, dodging cars like a drunk, Erik moved back into his office where he was then confronted by the twins who were still undressed.

Draya sat at the receptionist desk with her legs splayed as she turned back and forth in the spinning chair. Araya approached him with her hands wrapping around the forearm of his white coat. 

"I cleared the whole schedule for her appointment," Erik sighed. He'd expected it to last.

"She's not worth it, Mr. Stevens." Araya buried her forehead in his bicep. "There are plenty of other patients who love your services. You deserve one who appreciates you, and Draya and I are always here as your canvases. We love your art."

Warmed by her honest sentiment, he pulled his arm from her grasp and wrapped it around her shoulders peering into her eyes as she gazed up at him.

"You know you're my little mouse," he squinted. He was certainly the big cat in the game they played. She smiled exposing her naturally pointy little teeth. "However, to me, that girl is more important than you are. You understand?"

Araya's face dropped and so did her head. Erik lifted her chin with his finger to look into her eyes since she hadn't responded.

"Say yes," he prompted. Araya simply pulled away rushing through the wooden door to the back. When Draya stood to follow, Erik pointed for her to sit back down.

"Give her a moment to process.. In the meantime, you take this message since it's for you too." He leaned over the counter ensuring that her attention was completely on him. "I like a challenge and a little spice from time to time. Obedience without having to break a person first gets boring and you two were broken a long time ago."

"Well yeah, you always punished us whenever we fought back and gave rewards when we didn't. Araya tried to escape twice then she tried to kill you. She almost died eight times. Almost drowned twice."

"And look at her today, my most loyal assistant," he smirked, brows high.

"But you're tired of her obedience?" Her eyes narrowed and her small head tilted in bewilderment.

"I am," he smiled holding her eye. He could see the wheels in Draya's head turning. Would she start acting out now due to this disclosure? He hoped so.

He loved a good chase and would gladly break her and her sister all over again given the opportunity. In fact, it would be even more interesting if Draya attempted the forbidden and went after Little Ivy. That way Erik could track her down and intercept, punishing her on the spot. He'd have a great reason.

"As for Little Ivy, she will be added to my collection. I want you to keep a close eye on her.. but don't touch her," he reminded before walking back to the break room. He could see that Draya had something up her sleeve and he'd wait to be surprised. Whatever ideas she or her sister generated would produce entertainment for as long as they acted in defiance.

"ARAYA," he called taking his seat in the breakroom. "I got a taste for Popeyes. Go get it.. and take Draya."

---

"Police are coming. You sit here," the man waved on his return pulling out a dark wooden chair at a matching wooden table for Ivy to drop onto. If she'd had her car keys or her wallet she would have left and gone to her mom's house, but without access to her car she was trapped where she was and watching the glass door fearfully.

"He can't touch me in here with these people watching. He's still on the other side," she told herself at a volume no one else could hear. "I'll be safe. I'll be on my wayl." She repeated the mantra in her mind as she looked around at the nearly bare cherry blossom trees stylistically painted on the golden colored walls with teardrop baby pink leaves tinged with magenta.
The framed pictures sitting on the more plain walls appeared to be of village life in a rural Asian area. Two were of a rice paddy where small workers hunched over in straw symbol-like hats. Others were of community markets and kids running through the grass under the sky.