Chapter 10

"You okay?" whispered Dustin when I got back. "Fine," I replied. "Did I miss anything?" "He told her he loved her," he smirked. "It's a romance...how much you wanna bet she dies tragically in like 10 minutes?" And sure enough she did...and so did he, so he could be with her. It was so stupid. Therefore, I loved it. "Happy yearaversary, Lindsey," winked Dustin as he walked me out to his car. "That's not even a word!" I smiled. We stood there in the parking lot, the stars glittering above us, for what felt like an eternity. I was lost in his deep blue eyes. I didn't think, didn't breathe, didn't know how to thank him for doing all this for me. "Thank you," I whispered, hugging him tight. "Thank YOU," he replied softly, as he pulled a box out of his pocket, "for being my everything." Speechlessly, I accepted the box, my hand quivering slightly. I opened it up to see the most beautiful silver charm bracelet. The links were small, and there was one heart charm in the middle. It was stunning. "Oh, Dust, I love it..." I breathed. As he helped me put it on, he started to speak. "365 links for 365 days of us. One heart for one year, one love..." he stood up after he had finished fiddling with the clasp. "I don't know what to say-" I started, but he cut me off. "Don't say anything, then." His blue eyes glittered in the starlight. "Just kiss me." And I did. It tasted like blue skies, first snows, strawberry tarts, and something pure and wonderful and true. It was just us in the world...2 young people with no sense of direction, no time frame, only eachother. When we pulled apart, he looked at me with a distant gaze. "I love you, Lindsey Sienna," he said. And he walked off into the night, oblivious to my imperfections. I twirled around and let the skirt of my dress billow around me in the brisk March breeze. If someone like Dustin could love me...maybe I wasn't so bad after all.