The Dream

Destiney's Perspective:

I ran into my house, from the shuttle stop. I couldn't believe him! He treated me like I was a little girl, even after that little Romeo and Juliet moment, he doesn't believe me. I ran into the house, and clambered up the stairs that led to my room. My parents called my name numerous times, but I've already went to my bedroom, where I liked it. As I said before, I own most of the upstairs, but my parents have their little study and sunroom, where they enjoy tea-don't ask, it's a weird tradition that I don't take part of- and I have the 'Artist's Wing', aka, my room and bathroom.

Usually, I don't dress in a Megara costume for Halloween, I usually don't celebrate it, out of fear that one of the villains might kidnap me, like tonight, with the God of the dead. I watch Hercules numerous times, and enjoy singing to the soundtrack. I like Frozen, as well, but not as much as Hercules. I watch it because of my homegirl, Meg, who has more sass than Mean Girls. I sketch in my sketch pad Megara all the time, and try to draw Hercules, which I don't do often. I'm a fairly good Elsa artist, as well, since she has 'the walk', everyone calls it. Kinda like Maleficent, my favorite villain. I don't really have a 'love-hate' thing going on, like the rest of us, in the Disney fandom.

I believe she is simply misunderstood. Everyone else disagrees with me. 'No, she is evil, she's destined to be the Mistress of All Evil' this, 'She is supposed to be Hades' Girlfriend', that. Yeah. My least favorite character. The first time I saw Hercules, when Hades came on, I instantly hated him. Who likes Death? Especially the Greek God of the Dead? He even has fangs of some revenge obsessed monster, like Maleficent's Dragon!

Yeah, I'm getting off topic, I know. Anywho, I marched into my room, and slammed the door shut. I quickly deposited my costume, and changed into a pair of black leggings and a silky T-shirt. I sat on my dark covered mattress, with two layers of sheets on it. My walls were painted a creamcicle color, with dark blue accents, in Greek patterns. I have a beanbag chair in one corner, near the large window that looks out towards Disney World, with the view of the castle, my dark oak desk at the end of my bed, which was across from the door, facing lengthwise. I had two night tables, where I stored my nook tablet, my cell phone charger, which is an iPhone 5, and set my dreamcatcher. I've always trusted that dreamcatcher, but, nowadays, since I've seen the God of the Dead, it wasn't exactly helping me. Nightmares repeatedly haunted my mind, filled with evil laughter and me falling into a sickly green river, being stripped from my body.

I landed on my bed, which went puff, and I groaned. I heard a knock at my door, and I groaned again, "Go Away." I heard the door creak open, and a familiar voice say, "Destiney, dear, what's wrong?" I looked up, and saw my grandmother...or, what I thought was my grandmother. A kind, elderly woman in a blue cloak walked in, her gray hair in a short haircut. She smiled kindly at me, carrying a basket. "Grandma?" I asked, wiping the tears that freshly overflowed from my eyes. She smiled sweetly, and sat down next to me. I smiled, and she smiled, as well. She then noticed my tears. "Dearest, what is wrong?"She cooed, brushing my dark hair from my bright eyes. I sighed, and told her from the beginning. She listened right well, and nodded, but, when I told her about Hades, she kinda grew pale. Afterwards, I asked, "Grandma, who am I, really? I know you and mom are hiding something from me." She smirked, and said, "Dear, now is not the time. It's been a long day, hasn't it? Why don't you go to sleep, tomorrow will be a brighter day, you'll see." I nodded, noticing how heavy my eyes were getting. I laid down, and she got up, leaving the basket, which I guess was for me, on my dresser. She left the room, turning the light off. I closed my eyes, sighing heavily.

Then the Nightmares came back. And they weren't of me falling into a deadly River.

A kingdom rose in the distance, showing a castle, which I assumed was Aurora's, from Sleeping Beauty. I stood next to a tall, dark cloaked woman I instantly recognized as Maleficent. But, she looked...troubled. She stood there, in a swirling vortex of inky black and apple green. She looked to her pet, and, then, to me. I thought she'd strike me, but, she simply said, "Oh, young sorceress, I wish you were here for real. But it is too dangerous in this world. Aurora has already called her kingdom to arms, but, unfortunately, that is unnecessary to do..." With that, she raised her hand, where she summoned a wall of thorns to surround the kingdom.

I tried to shout, "Watch out!" But my voice didn't work. She sighed, and said, "It's only for their own good. To protect them, from that." She pointed her long, green finger to a wall of Ice, green, that tried to encircle the wall, but it was stopped by the black thorns. Suddenly, we felt a rumble of the earth, when a smoky form rose from the earth, and morphed into an unmistakeable form I know all too well; Hades. Maleficent simply walked next to me, and the God simply looked at her with disgust.

"Mal, what are you doing, interfering with my plans?" Then he looked at me, and an evil smirk formed on his dark blue lips, exposing his fangs, which I really wanted to turn into the Tooth Fairy and punch him in the mouth. "Well, well, well, I see we have a guest. This is your great Niece? Well, I didn't know this..." Maleficent, unexpectedly, held out her hand, in front of me, and said, "She isn't present here. This is simply her subconscious, whom I summoned to show her your plans. I should have known, you were the leader all along. Not me. Not the Mistress of all Evil."

He seemed to be at a loss of words. His eyes flickered to me, then to her, then to me. "If you don't stop this by the winter solstice, I will personally get rid of this mortal. She will be a great addition to my little collection. I already have a...special punishment for her. I have many uses for her..." With an evil laugh, he disappeared, leaving me with my 'Great Aunt', Maleficent. She walked around, and knelt down to my level, and said, placing her hands on my shoulders gently, "Destiney. You don't have much time. Seek out the Mouseian Council, and awaken your Powers. You might not believe me, but tell your grandmother, You are ready. If Hades gets a hold of you, it will be the end of the world for everyone. Even me. You can't let him take over, Destiney. He would destroy everything." With that, she hugged me, and I woke up, sitting up in bed. Someone was sitting on my windowsill. And it wasn't Hades.