Chapter 7

Titan's POV

     I couldn't help but stare attentively as my little mate slowly slipped out of her clothes to prepare for her shift. She never once looked up at me but it was like she knew I was looking and she was trying to tease me.

     A low grumble escaped my lips causing her brown eyes to snap up to me. She smirked before the familiar sound of cracking bones filled the atmosphere.

     She sat on her rump, looking up at me expectantly but we weren't in a rush. Her wolf was very large in ratio to her human size. She had bright yellow orbs for eyes, a dusty grey and white coat. She was a sight to behold.

     I traced my hand along the side of her jaw and gently itched the back of her ear. She immediately leaned into my hand while purring. Her eyes were closed.

    Soon her eyes were open again and regarding me expectantly. I smirked before I got undressed and shifted into my wolf.

     I noticed a mischievous glint in her eyes a split second before she nipped at my ankle and darted off into the woods. I mentally smiled before I chased after her.

     I watched as her hind swayed as she ran ahead of me. I could feel the sheer childlike joy radiating off of her as she sprinted.

     I  released a playful growl as I gained in on her.

     This caused her to speed up her pace and I could only watch in surprise as she yelped and bolted even further ahead of me. I watched as she elegantly wound her way between trees and leapt over fallen branches.

     Even after I pushed myself to move closer to her, she managed to evade me and eventually she was no longer in my sight. I took a moment point my snout to the sky, searching for her smell. It lingered in the air and clung to the bases of many trees. She did this to confuse me.

     My heart dropped when the piercing sound of a pained yelp echoed through the trees. I was my mate.

     I sprinted in the direction of the sound until I approached a known clearing. I spotted my mate near the centre. She was laying down, her eyes were closed. She'd bumped her head.

     When I approached her, Claudia's tiny cottage began to make itself visible.

    She shifted back into herself and stared up at me in a mix of horror and confusion. I also shifted.

     "That wasn't there before," she murmured while weakly pointing towards the cottage. Her eyelids seemed heavy as she struggled to keep them open. I watched as her nose scrunched up in pain. There was a large red bump forming at the front of her forehead.

    I nodded. "I know."

    "Oh, is she okay?" Claudia's panicked voice pulled my gaze away from my little mate, whose head I was now holding in my hands.

    "She ran, head first, into your cloaked cottage," I explained.

     Claudia fell to her knees instantly, slowly hovering her hand over my mate's head. She frowned.

     "Luna, I need to take you inside," Claudia explained quietly.

     "I'm fine," my mate mumbled. Her eyes were now completely closed.

      Claudia snapped her finger in front of my mate's face, causing her eyes to snap open. I growled.

    Claudia smiled up at me gently. "Can't let her fall asleep. Please bring her in." She stood up and gestured for me to follow her into the cottage.