Chapter 12

Lyric's POV

      My hand stretched out to the side only to land on empty bed sheets. The sun hadn't yet risen but Titus was missing. I frowned before I stretched and rolled out of his bed. 

     I made my way out of his room and set out on my journey to find him. However, the peace I'd felt soon faded as I remembered how I ended up in his bed in the first place. The images of the dark silver-lined room, the sound of animalistic growling, the scent of rot and dried blood, they all came flooding back to me.

     I took a deep, calming breath before I turned the doorknob of Titus' office. He seemed to be in deep thought while he stared at his desktop monitor. I didn't miss the deep bags under his eyes, the emptied coffee mug or the empty crisp wrappers on the floor.

     "You didn't sleep," I half stated/ half questioned.

     He glanced up at me. "No."

     "You should," I suggested.

     "No, I have too much to do," he sighed while he raked his hands through his hair then rubbed his eyes.

     "How long have you been here?"

     He shrugged. "Since you went back to sleep."

     "Then I think you've done enough," I placed my hand on my hip as he looked up at me.  There was the ghost of a smile on his tired face. 

     "Come on," I said while grabbing his arm. "You need some sleep."

     He looked at me in amusement as I desperately tried to pull his large body out of his office chair but my attempts were futile.

    "Come on, just a nap?" I offered.

     He nodded with a half-smile before allowing me to pull him along back his room. 

     As he laid down, he stared up at me. "Are you not joining me?"

    I gave him a small nod before I climbed in next to him. I laid there for, what seemed like, a few minutes but it was really almost two hours. The sun's light had just started to peak through the trees and through the opened space in the curtains.

    I looked back at Titus and placed a small kiss at the tip of his nose. The small gesture alone made me feel extremely giddy inside. I slowly and gently made my way off of the bed, trying my best not to wake him before prepping myself for training.

    Miles and Eden eagerly greeted me as I arrived at the training grounds.

     "Where's my boyfriend?" Miles whined playfully.

     "Asleep."

     "He never oversleeps," Eden added.

     I shrugged. "He didn't sleep much last night so I put him back to bed."

    Miles frowned. "Was it another..." he trailed off.

    I shook my head. "No, it was me this time," I offered a small smile.

    A few minutes passed as the entire training pack had gathered. With the gravity of my dream still on my shoulders, I couldn't be bothered to invent a clever game to help with hunting skills so we did the basic run and sparring. I was partnered with Eden but she was an easy takedown.

    After 10 seconds she was floored in the first round, staring up at me with wide eyes. I offered her a smile as I helped her off the ground and dusted her off. The training ended and I swiftly made my way back to the cabin.