Aim for his Head ( Infinity War )

It was orange and dead and there was no life anywhere save for the six people fighting the impossible. The golden gauntlet seemed to glow in the burnt sunlight, the gems glistening in a way that seemed too horrible to be real. They held a menacing glow, Thanos using gem after gem to toss around the ragtag team as though they were nothing more than ragdolls.

Tony Stark held his own, almost gaining the proper footing needed to drive his blade through Thanos' neck. And then the tables turned, Thanos ripped the blade from his armor, driving it through a hole in the nanobot suit.

And then there was Peter who watched, horrified as he tried to keep those members of the Guardians safe, and his only remaining father figure was being murdered. He heard the voice of Stephen Strange barter for Tony's life, watched in horror as the green Time Stone floated to Thanos and then he was gone, and Tony was fuming.

And then it was Wakanda, and there was Steve clutching the gauntlet and Bucky firing his gun and Thor was fighting alongside T'Challa and Wanda was killing Vision and the Hulk Buster armor was trapped in the rocky cliff and Sam and Rhodey were hunched over, clutching wounds that surely had come from before this final moment where Thanos got what he wanted.

He was gone and then he was back, screaming as the stone was ripped from his head and his once vibrant red body turned a muted grey and the stone that had given him life was the same stone that had been the reason for it's brutal end. Wanda crawled over his body, her screams far too heartbreaking to comprehend.

And then an axe was rammed through his chest, his breath catching, pain flaring through his body and he looked into the eyes of the Asgardian he had left for dead in space. He drove the axe farther into his chest, his eyes filled with a sweet victory. "I told you, you'd die for that."

"Y-yo-you... you should've aimed for the head." His fingers moved, Thor screamed and with a flash of light, the world came to an end.

Their bodies seemed to glare up at you before vanishing, the images burning themselves into your mind. They lay lifeless, their last words echoing in your ears, the symphony of terror too much to handle. Bucky, Vision, Wanda, Sam, Peter Quill, Drax, T'Challa, Stephen Strange, Loki, Heimdall, Gamora, Groot, Mantis, Vision and Peter Parker.

Peter Parker had begged for his life, feeling the end draw near, and clung to his idol for hope, searching for an answer he already knew. He died in fear and in pain because he felt it coming and he was powerless to stop it.

Your Peter Parker stared up at you, his eyes empty, his face tight with fear and then he vanished into dust and Tony tried to stop him from going, tried to hold him in place but he slipped away as though he never existed in the first place.

You sat up in bed, a scream curling from your lips as you wheeled around, taking in the sight in front of you. Your boyfriend sat up quickly, your scream pulling him from his deep sleep. You were clutching your head, shaking it, his last words echoing in your head. "Mr. Stark, please, I don't wanna go, I don't wanna go..."

"Hey, hey, [Y/N], look at me, it's okay, you're okay," he had his hands around you in an instant, clutching you to his chest as you sobbed, your body trembling. The blankets had tangled you two even closer together and he pulled back, pushing hair from your face. "Shhh, shhhh it's okay, you're safe, you're safe..."

"Peter, oh my god, Peter," you breathed, your voice barely there, blood still pounding in your ears.

"I'm here baby girl, I'm here," he placed his hands on either side of your face, forcing you to look him right in the eyes. His eyes were alive, not cold and empty. He was touching you, not clinging to Tony in fear. He was alive. "What happened?"