5.

Casper's POV

"No! Leave me alone! I didn't summon you, and I did not invite you into our world!"

"Silly silly child, I do not need to be summoned. I am your own mind. I'm what drove you to this point. You'll never get rid of me." 

I start running down a dark hallway, the only light coming through the tiny windows in the ceiling. That THING is on my tail, my lungs feel heavy and my vision is starting to blur. the world feels like its spinning and I can hear my heartbeat in my ears, it feels like my chest is going to explode. my eyes feel like they're burning and I can't stop running. my legs are on fire and I can barely lift them, yet I can't stop. The hallway keeps going, and I can't see the end. 

The thing is getting closer, I can feel is ice-cold breath on my neck, it's tentacle-like arms wrapping around me. Suddenly I fall, I see the thing towering over me, staring at me, with it's cold dead eyes. 

"You need to wake up! Please, Casper! Please!" 

that sounds like Marley

"Casper! Wake up!"

I slowly start to open my eyes, which hurt really bad, and notice I'm on the floor. Memories of last night come flooding back and I wish it would've worked. But hey, at least I got a good high! 

I get up and make my way to the bathroom, turn on the lights, and splash my face with some cold water. I look in the mirror and "WHAT THE HELL?!" my eyes are yellow! The color in my eyes is yellow! How the hell does that happen?! 

"Marley! Come here!"

"Okay."

"Woah! Casper! Do you know what that means?" 

"No, I have no idea."

"In the world of ghosts, if you see a yellow orb, it means caution, or proceed with caution. Do you think this could be a sign?"

I let out a long sigh, "I don't know anymore Marley, so much has happened over the past  few days, I just want to sleep."

"How about you just skip school today?"

"Yeah, let's go to the treehouse."

Time skip

We reach the forest and start walking in, I feel like someone is watching but just ignore it, I've been paranoid ever since the dream. As we're walking in, we here a twig snap, "What was that?" Marley asks, "Probably just a bird of something...." I say as we continue towards the treehouse. I love the treehouse, it's got an old rope ladder to climb up, and it's got an observatory like area on top. I like to go thrifting and buy new things to decorate with, right now I've got a vintage black and white poster with alchemy symbols on it, a bunch of band posters from Bring Me The Horizon, Sleeping With Sirens, Peirce The Veil, Of Mice & Men, Twenty One Pilots, and many others. The walls have chipping dark grey paint, and I found a maroon rug for the floor, as it would always give me splinters before. I have most of my spiritual/paranormal books on a bookshelf that is built into the wall, I have some nice smelling candles, and of course, I've got a small yet comfortable beanbag chair.

Upstairs in the observatory area, I have a telescope, another beanbag chair, a star chart, and a constellation map.

As we finally reach the treehouse, I pull out my sketchbook and try to draw the thing from my dream. After sketching, and talking to Marley about the dream, we decided that it had to have been linked to my eyes changing color, we're just still unsure as to how or why.

After about an hour of hanging out, we decided to head down to the bridge and watch the fairies come in and out of the port. It's oddly relaxing. Before we left though, Marley made me promise not to try anything stupid.

* * * 

Today went pretty okay, all things considered, and I'm feeling a little better than last night. I'm definitely still confused about my eyes changing color, so I'll do some reading about that tomorrow with free class time. 

Hopefully, no one will notice the change, I mean, I doubt they would, but it would be hard to explain how it happened when, first of all, I don't even know, and second, they wouldn't believe me anyway. 

After all, I am just a psychotic freak.

"Goodnight Casper." I hear Marley say,

"Goodnight Marley." And with that, I'm out as soon as my head hits the pillow.

• • • • 

I hope you guys like it, sorry there wasn't much to the story, but some important things happened!

Life's a Bitch. Don't quit.

Total word count: 811