Chapter 2 ★ America

"In an unknown, dark realm where light never touches the ground and no animals dwell, sleeps a demon with the power to destroy everything around him that contains the light of God and his saviors, for nothing can stop the burning son of Lucifer himself."

"Sounds like some crazy superstition made by the townsfolk to keep away some punks or whatever."

"Aw, Viet, lighten up! And besides, it says it right here! Look!"

"Just because Master Oliver gave it to you, it doesn't mean that it's true."

Viet was so tired of having to deal with her too-preppy sister. She had no say or choice when it came to Master Oliver, let alone, her own sister. Mei was so spoiled sometimes!

"Are we almost there yet?" Viet asked, kicking a rock across the cavern floors.

  The two Asian sisters were deep under the earth of Western Africa, on they're hardest (most boring, if we're counting Viet's preference) mission yet- find Master Oliver's and Mistress Guinevere's son. The Demon King. The Devil's trump card. Lucifer's lucky claw. Heaven's evil. Betrayer of Heaven and Hell.

Viet could never understand that last nickname. Why had he been called that? It didn't make sense. No one ever really spoke about it except for the Master's Family. You really couldn't blame her; a century had passed since the last record of the 'Demon King' was written.

"Almost! Man, this is so cool! When Yao told us Master Oliver had a mission for us, I was so surprised! What was you're reaction Viet?" Xiao Mei babbled on, walking carelessly through the caves. Her dark red traditional Taiwanese dress was already ruined by the dessert sands that belonged to Africa's earth due to her oblivious attitude. Hopefully she wouldn't screw up anything major, unlike her rather expensive dress.

  Viet shrugged. "I honesty was confused by the task. After all, this demon has the 666 tailsman of the English Witch of Heaven on his body, making this the hardest task yet. But no, all Master Oliver is going to give us is a tube of blood. Who's fucking blood is this anyways? We are in West Africa." She said, disgusted at the mediocre value of the task given to them.

  If she got Ebola, she was definitely blaming Yao. As if Mei could read her mind, she continued on with her pointless chit chat.

"Don't worry, Earthly diseases won't affect us demons! And besides, we have the English Witch of Heaven's blood contained! Why was there an Ebola outbreak here again?" Xiao Mei continued.

"Because the tailsman aren't powerful enough to contain the affect of dark energy flowing out of the contained demon we're after. His dark energy is rolling off of him and effecting the people in the region around him." Viet explained, bored already. She kicked another rock, sending it flying as they walked further down the dusty path.

  The 666 tailsmans placed on this so called "Demon King" was literally 666 spells, charms, and tailsmans to keep the demon locked away for an eternity and more. The only thing that could break it was if you spilled the blood of the lover of whom is contained, and it was said if done properly the tailsmans would burn with the blue flames of Satan's Hell, turning into blackened ash. They were placed there by the English Witch of Heaven, the Arch-Angel of heaven, and the previous Head Angel. Why was unknown to Viet, which irked her all the way to the bitter end of their mission. Not knowing things was a pet peeve of hers, and she had OCD when it came down to the real point. So when she had received a mission with an impossible goal, no information, a bottle of blood, the most chaotic location on the face of the Earth, and a stupid myth that was supposed to act like a map, she was pissed. But to Xiao Mei, it was as if she was on some school field trip with no teachers.