Chapter 9 ☆ England

"Hm... Where should I go next?"

     Arthur sat atop the London Bridge, wondering where he should go next. He knew of alot of stores in London, and he had gone to almost all of them- well, except for one. Back at home, he had a really old record player Amelia had from when she was younger. Arthur, being the nostalgic person he loved, always enjoyed listening to music. Most of it punk and hardcore rock, but to be honest, he'll listen to anything with a good beat. He certainly loved old gems better than modern pop music. And although his national pride lay with the British, he liked some old American music too. Diana Ross, Pink Floyd, Don McLean, Blondie, and many, many more.

  Arthur was in the mood to listen to some good tracks. Whenever he felt down, he always went down to the record store and pick up a new vinyl to throw in his record player. Arthur spread his wings out and flew off, down towards his favorite record store- Kristina Records. 

  Even though he memorized all the streets in London from his various trips there, he made sure to keep an eye on the street signs to make sure he wouldn't get lost. Arthur flew swiftly in the air, and landed on a building at the eastern end of Truman's Road. From there, he swiftly scaled down the back of the building. He landed easily, hiding behind the brick wall of the back of the building. With a snap of his fingers, his clothes changed. Arthur smiled at what he was wearing.

  A black leather jacket over a dark green t-shirt with a white design on it. Around his neck was a back and red plaid scarf, matching his bright red and black laced boots. He wore a green bracelet around his wrist, and he found it easy to move around in the skinny leather pants he was wearing. The outfit was a perfect match for the occasion, considering he was going to a record store.

"I have a rather good taste in clothes, don't I?"

~☆~

  Arthur easily made his way down Stoke Newington and entered  a modern-retro looking store, Kristina Records. Once he walked in, a young little boy came to greet him. Arthur was rather close to the little boy, and even knew his father.

  The little boy's name was Konst, which suited him well. He certainly loved the arts. The boy had two white long braids reaching down to his ankles, and a magenta beret on his head. He had the same curl as his father, and the same birthmark as well. They also shared the same shocking violet eyes, something Arthur had always thought was remarkable.

"Hello Mr.Kirkland." The boy greeted. "Did you come to see Papa again?" 

"I'm just visiting. I thought I would take a look at some of the new vinyls." Arthur bent down so they were both at the same eye level. "But I got you a little present. Can you keep it a secret?"

 The boys eyes lit up like stars. "Really?"

"Mhm. Here." Arthur took a sketch pad and a brand new box of colored pencils out from his shopping bag. "Enjoy kiddo." 

"Danke!" He thanked, a huge smile on his face. He took the gift graciously and ran off. 

  As the little boy ran behind the counter, his father apeared. 

"Sorry about him. He's still having some trouble with his English." Roderich apologized. 

"Ah, it's fine." Arthur walked up to the counter. "Got any new records?"

 Roderich nodded. He pulled out a covered vinyl and handed it to Arthur. It read 'Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell, United'.

"I think you'll like the first track." Roderich suggested. "You might want to test it while you have the chance."