DAY 01: Omegaverse & Secret Relationship

Chapter Title: I Saw Daddy Kissing Superman
Day One: Omegaverse & Secret Relationship
Rating: Teen and up Audiences
Warning(s): None
Word Count: 2818

"Who is that guy with glasses?"

Bruce glanced against his shoulder in surprise. He hasn't realized that Richard had sneaked behind him. The boy pointed a curious finger at the contact in his phone and zoomed the picture.

"You called him 'sweetheart'." Richard looked up at Bruce. "I thought your Alpha was Batman."

Before the child could scroll up to the conversation, Bruce pulled the phone out of his reach. "What makes you think so?"

"Everyone in Gotham knows you have something with Batman. And I can prove it." The boy pulled a Batarang from his pocket. "How can you explain the batarangs or the cowl I found in your rooms? Or the fact sometimes you have his smell on you. He must have been a constant visitor. I just haven't had the chance of catching you guys in action."

"Dick, that's rude." Bruce breathed out a sigh, shaking his head. He should have taken extra caution with his tools. Before this, he had too much convenience in dumping his stuff around, since there were only Alfred and him in this big mansion. But now, it was different. There was a new addition in the house – a young curious beta pup – and Bruce was not, mentally and physically, prepared to reveal his secret identity to the boy yet. "I am telling you the truth. I'm not in a relationship with Batman."

"Really?" The boy seemed to not believe his words. His eyes were glued on the screen of Bruce's phone. "So, he was your alpha? That country-looking guy with glasses and in the flannel shirt who you called your 'sweetheart'."

Yes. The word was stuck on Bruce's tongue. He was never good with his words. He knew there was nothing to be embarrassed about – his relationship with Clark. However, he was still struggling with his words. It took a lot of courage to speak up, but instead, the boy took his silence the wrong way.

"I will not criticize your choice, Bruce." Dick smiled in the most uncomfortable way that Bruce had ever seen him pull. "I am an open-minded person. Mom always told me that there is nothing wrong with whoever you love, no matter their biology or races. So, it doesn't matter to me if your alpha is the vigilante of Gotham or a random country guy, I am fine with that as long as you have made your choice!"

I told you, I'm not in a relationship with Batman! Once again, the words were stuck in his mouth. Instead, Bruce smiled back in the best way he could – although he wanted to frown at Dick's words.

It seemed like it was time for Clark to meet with Dick soon.

×

"I think it's time for you to meet Richard."

Clark almost thought that he had misheard what Bruce said. He looked at his omega in surprise, seemingly malfunctioned for a while as he tried to process through the words.

"You mean it? Really?" He couldn't bottle up the tingling happiness within him. All along, the relationship between Bruce and him had maintained as a secret. As Bruce said, it was better to keep the relationship low profile to avoid being overwhelmed by the media.

Clark had always respected Bruce's wish, since he knew that the media loved to report any rumours related to Bruce Wayne, the rich and most well-known omega in the world. It was Bruce's way of protecting him, as he didn't want Clark's reputation as a reporter to be stained by his. However, that didn't mean that Clark had never wished that he could tell the world about how much he loved Bruce and how the man was not as described by the media.