chapter 9

RECAP:

 He opened the door to Taishae's room, 26A.

We stopped by the doorway to see Taishae looking into an incubator. 

'Yas, Chres...I would like you to meet Armani Riley King.

Chapter 9

Chresanto August

I stood there at the door, just staring. It was unbelievable. I could tell that the reaction I had completely matched with Yasmine's own. 

'Taishae', said Yasmine, and she ran in to hug her. I still remained there. I was still in shock. Why the fuck would Rayan do this? And he still hasn't told his 'precious' Jewel the truth about his babymama. 

'Chres'. I was interrupted from ny thiughts.

'Er, yeah?'

'Do you want to look at the baby?'

I shook my head. I slowly walked inside the room and hovered over the incubator. The poor kid was wired up to the incubator. She was small...really small. Her body was pink and her head was explosive with hair.

She looked like Shae, with a mix of Ray.

I turned and looked at Taishae. I sat next to her and gave her a hug.

'You okay?' I asked her.

'Yeah, I guess. They bought her out as soon as I got here and I lost so much blood.' At this point she started crying. 'I don't know why Rayan would do this to me.' 

She's right, why would he do that?

The same day

Craig Crippen

'Babe, who was that?' she asked as I ended the call. 

'It was Rayan. He's in custody.'

'What did he do?' 

'He got angry with Taishae because she wouldn't take him back, a-aand flung her against the wall'

'What the fuck?'

'I know.'

'So what now?'

'I told him that you would pick him up tomorrow from the station with $500.'

'Why me?'

'Because you love me.'

'I love you too, but really? Why can't you go?'