chapter 8

Taishae King

I layed there on my bed, obviously upset with how I am living life. I mean, why wouldn't I...I'm fucking 17, pregnant and a dropout. How great my life is (!). 

I wiped the remaining tears off my face, and went into deep thought again and heard the door creak open. I was facing the window and I wasn't going to turn myself around. I kept looking in the direction of the window until I saw an arm try to reach for my stomach, until i got up and it away. 

'What the actual fuck please? What the hell was that all about? And why are you here in the first palce, aren't you supposed to be fucking with your girlfriend?'

'Shae, don't talk like that. I only came to see you...'

'Oh, so you can start insulting me again and slap me like you did at the mall? No chance mate, so get out!'

'No.'

'I will call the cops on you.'

'You wouldn't.'

'Wanna bet?'

He looked at me with a straight face and sat on my bed, ignoring my empty threat. 

'I came here to tell you sorry for everything I have done to you, leaving you to do everything and also slapping you in public, it was uncalled for. But there is just one thing I want.'

'What?'

'Can I please comeback, as in be with you again...and for the baby of course, support you both all the way?'

'No. Rayan, I don't want you back because you are so unpredictable. You behave like a fucking dickhead, your a coward. I can't deal with you. As you have moved on with your bitch, I need to also move on.'

 By now streams of tears were rolling down his cheek. 'Shae, please...can we start over? I promise...'

'Don't make fucking promises that you can't keep. When I said yes to being your girlfriend, we promised eachother that no matter what happens, we will stick to eachother. But you broke it. Just leave this house, and don't be a coward to your new girlfriend.'

Then I felt myself being flung at the wall. I felt blood running down my legs. I was in tears.

'NO FUCKING BITCH, YOU LISTEN TO ME, I AIN'T NO FUCKING COWARD. IF I WAS A FUCKING COWARD, I WOULDN'T BE FUCKING APOLOGISING TO YOUR FUCKING ASS!

Almost instantly, Yasmine and Chresanto walked in and was in shock. Yasmine ran to me and Chres tried to calm Rayan down.

'Shae, are you alright? Oh my God!' 

'Call the ambulance Yas, I don't even know whether the baby is okay.'

She called the ambulance and almost immediately, the ambulance had arrived. They picked me up on a stretcher and Yasmine followed me. Yasmine also called the cops on Rayan and they have him away. 

{At the police station]

Rayan Lopez

'Now sir, we are going to ask you to give us all of what you possess on your body right now, i.e. your phone and wallet.'

I did as told and handed it to them. They gave me an orange jumpsuit and I changed into it. 

'Sir, if there is anyone you know can summon up a grand total of $500, please call them now, but they would have to pick you up tomorrow.'

I started thinking about who to call- Craig. He seems chill and doesn't spend much money.

I dialled his number until he picked up the call.

I sighed, 'Hey man'.

'Rayan, is that you? This ain't your number.'

'Errrmmm, I'm in jail, can you please bail me out?'

'What stupid thing have you done this time?'

'I lost my temper with Taishae because she wouldn't take me back' 

 'Damn man, that is not even stupid.'

'Really?'

'Yes because its an idiotic way of trying to get a girl back, and besides, you have Jewel...remember?'

'Yeah man, I know, I know, I know!'

'I'll send in Jelisa to bail you out.' An instant sigh of relief came out. 'How much is the bail money?'

'$500'.

'Shit man, when your out, your owing me.'

I started laughing, 'Sure man. Thanks for everything'.

'No sweat'. He ended the call and I went to go and sit in the cell. Boy, am I going to have a long night. 

Yasmine Jennings

I sat in the waiting room of the hospital with Chres, my head on his shoulder worrying about Shae and the baby.

'Yas, don't worry, everything will be fine.' He kissed my forehead and we continued sitting there nervously.

Then the doctor came in, 'family of King, Taishae King'. We flung up from our seats and followed the doctor. He opened the door to Taishae's room, 26A.

We stopped by the doorway to see Taishae looking into an incubator. 

'Yas, Chres...I would like you to meet Armani Riley King.

R.N

 Jelisa on the side >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>