Chapter Four: Result and Discussion

This chapter discusses and obtained results from the research study conducted about the Mother Tongue Based Instruction and its affects to the Academic Performance of Grade Seven students of Palanguia National High School.

It is divided into two parts: (1) Discussion and (2) Results summarised in a table.

Descriptive Data Analysis

This presents interpretation of the data are descriptive in the nature. The interpretation is presented in both textual and tabular form and graph forms.

Table 1 shows the general average of the Grade Seven students during their Grade Six and Second Quarter this school year. As shown in the table,
x = General Average (Grade Six)
y = General Average (Grade Seven- 2nd Quarter)
x2 = squared of General Average (Grade Six)
y2 = squared of General Average (Grade Seven- 2nd Quarter)
xy = product of x and y

Graph A: General Average (Grade Six)

Graph B: General Average (Grade Seven- 2nd Quarter)

Researchers observed that the grades of some students from their 6th Grade and Second Quarter general average changed. It decreased and meant that Mother Tongue Based Instruction affects the Academic Performance of the grade seven students.

This answers the research problem that there is a significant relationship between the use of Mother Tongue Based Instruction as a medium instruction in the Academic Performance.

Inferential Data Analysis
This presents interpretation of data to test the hypothesis of the study.