Up all night

You know how in the movies when the female character loses her virginity, it's so graceful, and beautiful. So peaceful and extraordinary?

That's how I imagined it would be like when I lost mine, but it wasn't.

It was more like a high, a high that I never would experience before. The whole time it was like the world was on pause just for us, like we were one.

I also imagined that I would lose my virginity to someone I was in a relationship with, and I wasn't.

"We should order Chinese or something." I say throwing my feet onto my coffee table.

My phone starts to ring and I let it go to voicemail, but it starts to ring again.

"You gonna answer that?" Harry chuckles.

"Hello?" I say annoyed.

"Why haven't you been returning my calls?" Emily says on the other side of the phone.

"I've been busy. With school and stuff." I look over at Harry's and he's dying of laughter.

"What?" I whisper to him and chuckle a bit confused.

"Everyone's been on holiday, so that's a bullshit lie." Harry over hears her and starts laughing even harder.

"Let me come see you." She says.

I start to answer her, but then I hang up out of nervousness.

"I'm sorry love, but that was the funniest excuse I have ever heard." He laughs trying to catch his breath.

"I'm a terrible liar I know. Now order some Chinese food." I say nudging his bicep.

My plans for moving to this town was for me to start over, start no relationships- just hi and bye. No attachments. But it didn't work that easy, it never does. I lost my virginity to some guy who's last name I don't even know. I made a crazy friend with different color hair every week. And at that moment, when I say and laughed with Harry as we wait for our food to arrive, I noticed that life's too short to give a shit; to distance yourself from other people. So from that moment on I promised myself that I would have no regrets, I would l i v e.

"You go get it babe." Harry says as the doorbell rings.

"Ugh fine." I scoff and he pulls me into his embrace, kissing me on my forehead.