Ready to run

"I'm so excited." Phoenix squeals as aluminum foil covers all of her hair.

"I like the color." I smile while mixing the dye left in the container.

"You should use that, change it up love." She gives me a reassuring smile and I can't help but take the chance.

_______________________

"You ready?" Phoenix says as her teal curls bounce and she jumps from excitement.

"Yes." I say as the anticipation builds.

She places the mirror in front of me and I run my fingers through the ends of my hair.

Teal, I liked it. I've never even imagined dip dying my hair before, but it looked good.

I uncontrollably smile and hug Phoenix.

"When that wears off we can try violet." She smiles.

My phone vibrates in my pocket and I tell Phoenix to hold on a second and she chuckles walking back into her room.

It's Harry.

"Hello?"

"What are you doing?" He replies.

"Uh, nothing. Phoenix just helped me dye the ends of my hair." I look at my hair and smile again.

"Oh. Well I have to go handle some stuff for the rest of holiday. So I'll try to get ahold of you soon. Bye."

*click*

Wait what?
Handle what?
With who?

I was so filled with confusion. Who the hell just calls and says they're leaving for a week so casually, like it's common.

As Phoenix re-enters the room I explain to her what's going on.

"I'm just worried." I say tucking my hair behind my ear.

"And why is that?"

"Well because I love him-" Phoenix lifts her head up at me and her eyes get wide.

"Shit- no. I did not mean to say that. I do not love Harry. Far from it. I just met him so I mean I can't love him." My thoughts start to go 100mph so I keep them to myself.

"You had sex with him didn't you?" She says calmly as one eyebrow is lifted and one stays flat.

"No..- well yeah- I'm an idiot I know."

"No because what if he loves you back? No choice you make makes you an idiot. Every choice you make for yourself is a good one, even if things turn out bad. He took something special from you, you have an excuse to love him. And I think it's a damn good one." She smiles and takes me into her embrace.

"Now go to your house and get dressed, we're gonna relieve some of this stress okay?" She continues, and let's me go.

I pick up my purse and make my way out of Phoenix's flat.

What if he loves you back?

Fuck- but what if he doesn't?