Welcome to the neighborhood.

"Jesus Christ." I say while carrying boxes into my flat.

"I really should've thought this through more." I continue.

I place the box onto the floor and walk back out to my car.

There stands a girl with almond skin and blue and purple tinted hair.

"um, excuse me?" i say and she turns to me startled.

"im sorry, we just dont usually have new people moving into our neighborhhod. most people have lived here their whole lives and plan on keeping the houses in their family."

i stand there still confused on why shes standing by my car.

"Phoenix. Phoenix Putnam."

"Mary Harden." i say putting my hand out for her to shake, but instead she pulls me in for a hug.

"im sorry," she chuckles, "i just feel like we're going to be good friends."

before i respond she continues,

"do you have any plans for tonight?" she asks me cheerfully.

"actually i have an early day tomorrow. so im just gonna call it a night soon."

which was partially true, i did have an early day tomorrow. but i didnt know this Phoenix girl, let alone trust her very much mostly because of her creepy over-eagerness and frendliness.

"oh come on! im having a get together at my house. we'll just call it your house warming present. food drinks. alcoholic and non alcoholic. if youre into that. something tells me youre not though." she says as i straighten out my shirt and tighten my hair band around my ponytail.

"um im not sure."

"itll be fun i promise. i have lots of single guy friends. unless youre into girls.. i dont have many girl friends that go that way. but itll still be fun" her smile is creepingly huge.

phoenix was an outgoing individual and i didnt understand it.

"okay. ill go." i didnt know why i agreed to it.

phoenix ran and hugged me so tightly i thought my head was going to pop off my body.

"its.." she pauses while looking at the time on her phone, "7:15. ill come over to get you at 11:00. okay? kay." she says while skipping across the street to a huge beige house.

What was I getting myself into?