The beginning.

I took a deep unsteady breath of the winters night air, a shudder ran down my spine a spasm of pain radiated through my body.

"Help! Someone please help me!" My screams ricocheted off the concrete walls, my pleas unheard.

The bone in my left leg had speared through my skin, blood trickled down my foot. I should have walked during the day and not late at night. A man wearing a mask stepped out in front of me. He took hold of my handbag in desperation I yanked it. During the squabble to keep my bag, the mans grip onto it starts tightening, his other hand flung out and shoved me hard. I fell down the flight of stairs. I tumbled forwards, seeing the concrete escalate closer to my face. In an attempt to save myself, I tried to grab onto to anything but my efforts were aimless. My body slammed into the ground, crushing my leg underneath me. I heard my leg snap and my head smacked the concrete. Stars danced across my vision, everything beginning to blur. Oh god. My head throbbed as warm blood flowed down my face. I was going to die. All alone. All because of a handbag which contained my wallet with two five dollar notes in it. Laying in a pool of my own blood, I couldn't think straight my thoughts jumbling. Things around me started to blur. I'm so tired, I couldn't feel my legs which made trying to get up impossible. I was going to die here. Surely someone would find me. My vision darkened in the corners, my mind and body going numb, I could sense I was on the edge of death. I closed my eyes. This was it. This was my end. Everything went quiet.

*****

My eyes snapped open. I sat straight, focusing on a dim room. The light wasn't bright but I could see every detail of the tiny room. There was a lounge chair in the corner with floral patterns all over it, a fluffy blanket flung over its arm. The moon shone into the room, casting a gloomy look. Nothing being familiar. I searched around I wasn't at my own house, and I could feel my heart beating fast as I stood. No pain radiated up my leg? Maybe I'm dreaming because I should be dead. I don't remember what happened after everything went dark. I walked to the door and opened it.  Opening up to a kitchen, someone was sitting at the dining table. A man. God is this the man who tried to rob me. I searched for the closest object I could strike him with.

"No need Freya, I'm not the one who tried to steal a woman's purse. I'm a man with morals and would not under any circumstance fight with a dainty woman who I know I can overpower. Only boys rob women." His deep, husky voice sent a shiver down my spine, which I tried to ignore. How does this man know my name? "I grabbed the man who swiped your handbag, intimidated him enough he offered me your bag. I looked at your license. It had your name on it."

He answered my question I had thought. "Please sit," he patted the chair beside him.

I made my way to him steadily, unsure of his motives. He would of killed me if he wanted to, right? I stood beside him, looking at him. He was beautiful, his black hair framed his face. Covering most of it. I could see the curve of a smile on his lips.

"You're scared." It wasn't a question.

"Yes I am," I rubbed my arm.

"And you're wondering where you are, who I am and how you got here," he didn't move.

"I also don't have a broken leg or concussion" I mumbled.

"Yes and that too". I tried my best to get a look at him but his hair made it difficult. He had nice hair, obviously washed as it looked soft enough I wanted to run my fingers through his hair. Oh god what am I thinking? He chuckled. I glared at him, can he read my thoughts?

"Freya don't fret your not the first person to succumb to my charming looks." The man winked.

"You can hear what I'm thinking?" I stuttered.

"No. Your body language gave you up." his laughter filled the room. It sounded as sweet as honey.

Okay. "What's your name?" I sat down in the chair.

"My name is Archer Huston," Archer faced me, our knees almost touching.

His beauty gobsmacked me. His black hair was shoulder length but it was curled in such a sensuous way it made me envious. His smile mischievous and his teeth pearly straight. When I reached his eyes, I jerked away. Blazing red.

"Your. Your eyes," My voice cracking, I jumped back. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Freya I need you to stay calm and hear me out," Archer seem to be upset I moved away. "Just listen, yes my eyes are red." Archer's face saddened, his eyes growing a softer red.

"No! I want you to let me leave. I've had enough of this nonsense." I started towards the door.

"Freya wait!" Archer jumped from his chair realising I was going to bolt. "Please listen to me. You need to understand that you're not the same as you were last night. You're different now." He pauses quickly, "please, your eyes are the same as mine.

I shook my head. He was talking so much shit, why are his eyes red? Did he tattoo them, I heard people did that as a trend.

"What do you mean? My eyes are blue,"

"Please look at your reflection" Archer pleaded with me. "A mirror is behind you, if I'm wrong you can leave."

I turned wanting to prove him wrong, yet when I looked at my reflection. A girl with glittering red eyes was staring back at me.