~Two~

~Regina's POV~

   I walk the halls of school and toward my locker, focusing hard on my surroundings. This school starts at 6th grade and ends at senior year, so there's people of all shapes and sizes roaming around.

   Everyone has their own clicks and clusters and of course I have mine. I'm probably one of the most popular girls in 10th grade. I don't know how it happened, but it just did. As I turn the dial to the lock, someone steps up beside me.

"Hey!" Mal smiles.. "So...what did your parents say?"

    "They said its cool." I smile and glance at the hot blonde. She grins even more and begins to open her locker.

"That's good, because if I brung you to my house my mom would make it awkward." She chuckles nervously.

     "Man do I know the feeling." I chuckle. Mal and I chat for a while since there's so much time before first period starts. While she tells me a story about some rumor that's spreading, something catches my eye behind her.

    Down the hall is where Emma's locker is. She's always chatting with Lily and Ruby. Personally, I hate her being around them. I don't know why because they are so nice, but I just do. It's better them than any of the other snobby bitches that goes here.

     Anyways, instead of her talking to Ruby and Lily, there's this guy leaning against the locker beside her. I can only assume that he's charming her. It really pisses me off. For a while I try to listen to Mal, but I feel so rude. Emma and that guy is doing nothing but distracting me.

"Hold that thought Mal." I interrupt as kindly as I can. I quickly step around her and towards Emma and her new boyfriend, realizing it's Killian.

"What the hell are you doing?!" I snap, scaring them both, and earning their complete attention. Emma nervously flicks her eyes between me and Killian. She's trying to figure out what's going on but I'm just protecting her that's it.

     "W-what are you talking about?" Killian stammers.

"Step away from my sister, pervert!" I snap. Killian throws his hands up in surrender and furrows his eyebrows.

      "Woah! We were just talking love." He tries to defend but I see right through this sly dog.

"I'm not your love and you're a fucking Junior. Why the hell are you hitting on an 8th grader? Are you that desperate?" Killian gulps and takes a nervous step back from my fiery glare.

      "Hey, I'll see you around Emma." He murmurs before scampering off like a puppy. I turn to Emma to find her eyes staring right into my soul.

    "What the hell do you think you're doing?!" She snaps in a high pitched voice. I let out a heavy sigh knowing an argument is coming. I really don't feel like arguing.

"I was just protecting you Emma. He's a fuck boy, everyone knows that." I shrug.

    "Okay...but that doesn't give you the right to barge into my life and start ruining stuff!" She yells. Wooow burn.

"That's really how you feel?!" I snap back, feeding into the anger that the blonde has had hanging over her shoulders for days now. It's like she's 7 all over again.

      "Yes! That's how I feel! That's always how I feel!" She confirms. My heart shattered. I don't know if it's because she's my sister or whatever she is, but it breaks.

"You know what, save your breath Em. When some low life breaks your heart again, don't come crawling to me. You're on your own." And with that I leave her to soak in my words, hoping she's feeling the same pain that I feel.