ELEVEN.

LOVE AND GODS !

━ LOVE AND GODS !

❝ FORGET ME NOT.

                      MARIE DIDN'T KNOW what to expect as she walked into Hawkins Lab, clutching onto Simon's arm as the five of them entered the main lobby. She didn't like the look of it; the entrance area was dark and desolate, with dust coating the old furniture and the floors blackened from dilapidation. The walls were lined with rust and dirt, and cobwebs shined at every corner.

"We should all split up," suggested Madison, looking around the lobby. "It's the best way to cover ground considering we don't have much time."

Lucas glanced at her incredulously. "Are you crazy?" he screeched. "That's how people die, Maddi."

She rolled her eyes. "Don't be so dramatic. No one is going to die."

"Have you never watched a horror movie before?" Lucas asked, his tone still coated in disbelief.

Maddi simply glanced at him. "Pussy," she uttered.

Lucas furrowed his brows. "So because I'm being a smart, rational boy who thinks things through, I'm a pussy?"

"It's okay, Lucas," consoled Dustin, lightly patting him on the shoulder. "It's not like some demogorgon is roaming the place. We'll be fine."

"Yeah, instead it's just some psychotic god of the underworld who's trying to murder us with his three-headed hound. No big deal at all," Lucas muttered sarcastically.

Dustin nodded. "I knew you'd understand, buddy."

"What?" piped Lucas, "Dustin, no—"

"Lucas, yes—"

Maddi exhaled loudly in irritation, catching everyone's attention. "Are you boys done?"

Dustin smiled sheepishly. "Yes."

"Good. Now, I'll take this corridor," she said, pointing to the entryway on their right. She turned to another corridor that was screened by a large, double swinging door. "Dustin, you go through that door, and Simon and Marie can split up down the two paths that diverge at the end of this hallway," she said, pointing to the corridor that was situated behind the reception desk. Finally, she turned to the last door in the lobby. "And when Lucas stops being a fucking baby, he can take this door on our left. Got it?"