EIGHT.

LOVE AND GODS !

❝ THE LOST DEMIGOD

❝ THE LOST DEMIGOD.

                      ALL THAT KELSEY felt was anger. It was a white, hot anger that started from the pit of her stomach and spread throughout her entire body, winding her up like a strong breeze that almost knocked her off her feet. Her brother had been taken, he had been taken right in front of her eyes and she did nothing but watch as he was dragged into the Portal.

And although that was foolish of her to do, Kelsey wasn't going to make that same mistaken again. She immediately started for the stairs, a gaze of determination and fury etched upon her features as the rush of adrenaline coursed through her veins. But before she could even make it up the first step, Atlantis had caught hold of her arm.

"Kels, where are you—"

"Let go of me," she scowled in a low tone, looking intensely at Atlantis's hand, the way her fingers were tightly wound around Kelsey's forearm.

Atlantis flinched, immediately releasing her grip on Kelsey. She had never heard Kelsey say her name that way before; it sounded cold and distant and bitter and hateful. "Please, just stop and think about what it is you're doing," said Atlantis carefully.

Kelsey's expression hardened. "I have thought about it. I'm going to find Hades, kill that son of a bitch and then get my brother back," she stated simply.

"How do we know it's Hades, though?" chimed in Mike from the side. Both girls snapped their heads up at him. Mike nervously cleared his throat. "I mean, a dog with three heads came out of that Portal, not Hades, so— How do we know it's him?" he asked.

Atlantis sighed. "That three-headed dog is called Cerberus—"

"It has a name?" Mike whispered incredulously.

"—and it guards the Underworld," she said, finishing as though she hadn't been interrupted. "Cerberus belongs to Hades."

Mike parted his lips. "Oh."

Atlantis turned back to Kelsey. "How are you going to find Hades? You have no idea where he is, Kels," she spoke with practicality.

"Then I'll search the entire fucking town until I do," Kelsey seethed.

"Look, I know you're angry, I get it. But—"