ONE.

LOVE AND GODS !
chapter one

━ LOVE AND GODS !chapter one

❝ THE IMMORTAL REALM.

PLEASE READ!
this takes place in the summer of '88,
meaning that the stranger things kids
should be around 17-18 now. all the
events of season 3 happened, except
for the byers + eleven moving away.

this fic occurs post-season 3.
anything that happens in season
4 (and beyond) does not apply.

ATLANTIS ALDRIN WAS mad. She was utterly, unreservedly, undeniably mad. And the day had barely even begun.

She fell back onto her squeaky mattress, landing on the pile of clothes she had carelessly tossed on the bed from the wardrobe. And then she screamed at the top of her lungs.

Not a moment later, her bedroom door swung wide open, Andrew Conte's old eyes frantically gaping at her through his rectangle glasses. He was alarmed. "What's wrong, kid?"

Atlantis sighed, grabbing a pillow and holding it over her face. "I can't find it," she mumbled into the pillow. Her voice was almost child-like, the way a kid would whine when they didn't get what they wanted.

"Find what?" her uncle asked.

She tore the pillow from her face, eyes narrowing at her uncle. "My AC/DC shirt," she said. Atlantis felt stupid, caring over something so little and utterly trivial. But she needed to find that shirt. She wasn't going to Mount Olympus without it.

He blinked at her. "AC— what? Your air conditioner shirt?"

Atlantis groaned, bouncing up off her bed as she went out into the hallway, leaving Andrew standing confusedly at her doorway. As though on cue, Julian Conte stepped out from his bedroom, holding his duffel bag in one hand. From across the hall, he met her assertive gaze with an innocent smile; one that was almost too innocent. Deceptively innocent.

As she approached her cousin, his features became more definite; she could see the softness of his brown eyes, the button shape of his nose, the curvature of his thin lips as he smiled, the lightning bolt that was imprinted on his shirt between letters written in gothic font. On one side of the bolt wrote AC, and the other, DC. What the hell?