FOURTEEN.

LOVE AND GODS !

❝ DARLING, DEAREST, DEAD

                      "I THINK IT'S this way!" shouted Mike as he and Will led Zack, Odi, Marie and Kelsey through the many hallways of the lab, rapidly turning left and right as they raced to get to the control room.

"Why do we need to get to this control room?" huffed Kelsey as she tried to keep up with Mike's pace.

"Because," Mike began, turning at almost every corner, "If we have access to the live security cameras, we can see where Hades is, and hopefully, where he's keeping Martin and El."

At the sound of her brother's name, Kelsey's heart began to beat faster, and she raced up ahead to Mike, joining his side as they turned the corner into a new hallway.

"I think the control room should be—" shouted Mike, but he was cut off by a loud roar that came from the other end of the hallway. It was Cerberus, the hound of Hades.

Both Kelsey and Mike abruptly halted in their steps, and when the others finally caught up to the two, they froze behind them.

Mike subtlety leaned over to Kelsey, his eyes remained planted on Cerberus. "It's bigger than I remembered," he whispered.

"That's what she said," Kelsey whispered back.

Mike snapped his head at her. "What—?"

Three loud roars from Cerberus's three heads cut Mike off again as the hound suddenly began to charge towards them, its paws feverishly pounding on the ground as it sped up. In a panic, the six teenagers quickly spun around and turned the corner, running back down the hallway.

"Holy shit!" screamed Kelsey, "What the hell do we do?"

"Keep running!" Odi screamed back.

"We can't run forever!" shouted Will. He turned his head to see Cerberus advancing on them, its three heads barking in rage as the hound came closer.

Zack sighed loudly, the adrenaline of war pumping through his veins. "If I die because of some fucking dog, I'm going to kill you all," he shouted, and before anyone could comprehend what he had said, he stopped in his tracks and spun around just as Cerberus leaped in the air to pounce at the teens. Zack tightened his grip on the jackknife Sam had given him, and with blind recklessness, he jumped and stabbed the hound in one of its necks. As he yanked the knife out, thick blood sprayed onto his face.