Dear Vincent

"No need to apologize. See you around Nikolai." Vincent answered back in farewell at the ghost's sudden departure. Considering the topics of conversation Vincent felt the dialogue had gone rather well; despite the ghost's sudden departure. He had expected the ghost to verbally balk at his views and preferences. To simply excuse himself to process the information seemed very mature in Vincent's perspective.

He cleaned up dinner then departed downstairs to watch tv. It seemed the two were amused with the ability to watch television, use the streaming service, or play a video game. Presently they were on a second season of some tv show he was unfamiliar with. Too much screen time was considered unhealthy for anyone. Maybe a cat wasn't such a bad idea. It would give them something more interactive on the day to day basis. He tucked this reassuring thought into the back of his mind as he sat upon the center of the floor. "Hi Max. Hi Eva. My turn to use the tv. You're welcome to stay and watch, if you want." Vincent spoke outloud as he grabbed the nearby controller to navigate to a tv show he was interested in watching an episode of this evening.

The bean bag and banana chair for sitting in down were to arrive in a few days. He pulled out his smartphone and placed an order for another controller and a few multiple player games. He had no idea if ghosts appreciated physical comforts like sitting on furniture. At the very least it would make the room more comfortable for him to use. After watching two 45 minute episodes he bid the two good night and left the system on for them to resume their antics. "Remember to turn it off when you're done." He voiced gently as he turned and headed upstairs.

He secured the home, brushed his teeth, then retired to the loft bedroom for sleep. Not expecting anyone to be nearby, he had removed his shirt by the time he entered the room area. The complexion of his lightly taunt muscled torso as creme in color as flesh of his arms and face. He did not spend much time outdoors in sunlight. He was about to undo the button of his pants when he took notice of his laptop open and illuminated. He paused from his task of disrobing and approached. "So using the laptop is what you meant by alone time. Maybe I should make you your own user profile to use for your personal viewing during alone time." Vincent voiced, assuming Nikolai had been viewing mature content on the laptop.

Sitting down he criss crossed his legs so he could maneuver the laptop onto his lap comfortably. Vincent's demeanor shifted dramatically to solemn when his eyes perceived what was present on the display screen. He maneuvered two fingers across the contact pad to move the obituary page to the top so he could read it in its entirety. Vincent clicked on a related link at the bottom of the screen that navigated him to another set of public records: criminal justice department. It took some trial and error cross references the date of the obituary to find cases that occurred in that same time frame. He wasn't sure what he was looking for until he found a case that same week about a young man who was sentenced to death by hanging on account of obscuring justice in being found guilty of 'public indecency with another male; who's face had remained unseen by the witness of this crime. But the known offender never revealed the name of the other under extensive questioning of the authorities.

Vincent bit his lip in attempt to restrain the wave of emotion that flooded his being. Sure in his childhood he had experienced some resistance from adults when he realized he had same gender attraction. By the time he reached adulthood it wasn't a concern. To grow up in an entirely different time period where someone was tortured and put to death for displaying a basic form of affection in sight of a religious individual who believed reporting such was saving the condemned souls was incomprehensibly tragic.

Vincent could only imagine the tumult of emotions Nikolai was experiencing with these revelations. Part him whispered it would be best to leave well enough alone and let the ghost be. But a more prominent part of him refused to do so. He knew what it felt like to feel so much and be alone in such. He wouldn't leave Nikolai to face that abyss if he could help it.

"Nikolai?...Are you still here?...I...If you are listening know this; the fire that took your life and your your two siblings was not your fault and....." Vincent voiced with absolute resolution as he awaited and listened for any indication that his words had been heard.